Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I want male friends :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    OK! I dont have any problem talking to lads just in general I'm a reserved person, I act the same with guys and girls.Im really close to the girls I live with, but not with the guys. *

Its not a confidence problem, I am confident just quiet.

I find its everywhere I go, Girls will talk more freely with me then guys apart from when its a nightout, When it switches over! girls will avoid me like the plague and guys not shut up.

A friend of mine said it was because I seam 'intimidating' but I'm not at all agressive, loud or anything like that. I dont make arqward silences either, I will talk have a laugh and what not, I'm not boring.

I broke up with my ex a few months ago and now I'm getting rather sick of being single. soooooo heres my problem.. if guys wont talk to me unless they have been drinking.. I'm not going to get anywhere with guys.

It doesnt make sense how girls can get close to me and guys cant.. -.-

*I live in Student accom, Living closely with 20 people
    * I know there is bad grammer and possibly spelling.. but I'm not after an english lesson x

ReputationRep:
    If ur hot enough i dont know y guys wudnt want to be close to u... Start flirting with different guys everytime u go out... Dont give them any, just talk in a sweet seductive way Lol... Ul see guys chatting u up soooon...

ReputationRep:
    Just act yourself and I don't see why there should be a problem. Guys generally like a girl with confidence so just be confident around guys but really act yourself. Decent guys will like you for who you are and will not like the fact that you have covered who you really are up just to get them to like you and then change completely.
    You seem like a nice girl so i don't see why there should be a problem and I hope things work out for you love

ReputationRep:
    I'll be your friend. Pm me.

Have you tried talking to guys in the day time? Also girls want to talk to guys when in a nightclub and guys generally talk with girls.

Girls talk to each other in the toilets and guys talk at the bar seems to be how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    OMG. We should hook up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazzied)
    OK! I dont have any problem talking to lads just in general I'm a reserved person, I act the same with guys and girls.Im really close to the girls I live with, but not with the guys. *

I find its everywhere I go, Girls will talk more freely with me then guys apart from when its a nightout, When it switches over! girls will avoid me like the plague and guys not shut up.

A friend of mine said it was because I seam 'intimidating' but I'm not at all agressive, loud or anything like that. I dont make arqward silences either, I will talk have a laugh and what not, I'm not boring.

I broke up with my ex a few months ago and now I'm getting rather sick of being single. soooooo heres my problem.. if guys wont talk to me unless they have been drinking.. I'm not going to get anywhere with guys.

* I know there is bad grammer and possibly spelling.. but I'm not after an english lesson x

make sure when you're out and about that you're not with a large group of friends, this is quite intimidating for lads.
    but other than that, as long as you talk normally, and have interesting things to say i can't see the problem

ReputationRep:
    I'll be your friend here's a hug :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazzied)

I can't speak for other guys on here, but when I see a girl who's quiet it seems to me to be more difficult to approach her, even if it's just in a friendly way. After all, I don't doubt that you're as confident as you say you are, but if you're also quiet how're guys going to know that you're confident? Why not try approaching guys yourself if none are approaching you?

anyway, best of luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.