Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I ve just got all my offers for uni and now i want to apply for student finance. As everyone else i want to get as much as possible grants/loans and etc.

Currently i live with my parents but there is a option at the start asking me if i live with my parents or not. I do not know what i should put in and what the consequences it would cause.

My parents would support me for my uni but to get the max funds available they are not going to be supporting me so should i say i live on my own ? ..but then im worried if they check the addresses : /

i am really confused so some one who has done this already ..please help mee!!! :eek3:

here are the details :

My firm choice : UCL - If i get into UCL i would be living at home but paying rent

My insurance: Loughborough : I would live in campus or hall or what ever is available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bibekpd)
    Hi everyone,

I ve just got all my offers for uni and now i want to apply for student finance. As everyone else i want to get as much as possible grants/loans and etc.

Currently i live with my parents but there is a option at the start asking me if i live with my parents or not. I do not know what i should put in and what the consequences it would cause.

My parents would support me for my uni but to get the max funds available they are not going to be supporting me so should i say i live on my own ? ..but then im worried if they check the addresses : /

i am really confused so some one who has done this already ..please help mee!!! :eek3:

here are the details :

My firm choice : UCL - If i get into UCL i would be living at home but paying rent

My insurance: Loughborough : I would live in campus or hall or what ever is available.
    You would HAVE to put living with parents if you put UCL down

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the reply.. but wouldn't it make a difference to the amount of grant i get ? also lets just say what if i have to pay rent to my parents.. ? because living with parents means you dont have to pay the rent and stuff isnt it ?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the reply.. but wouldn't it make a difference to the amount of grant i get ? also lets just say what if i have to pay rent to my parents.. ? because living with parents means you dont have to pay the rent and stuff isnt it ?
    Yes but they will check. What you are asking about is fraud which they won't let you discuss on here. They don't care that you are having to pay your parents rent if they did there would be a living at home but paying rent option.

ReputationRep:
    okay thanks, .. guess will have to go and start looking for a job then : /

ReputationRep:
    DO NOT lie on your student finance what your gunna get is what your gunna get. you don't think they would not check if your living at home? and even still you need to of not been living at home for atleast 3 years =/ unlikely if your still 18.

ReputationRep:
    yh i guess so...and what do i put in for if im living at home or not ? because if i go UCL then i will live at home but if i end up going to Loughborough i would have to live out. But i cant make that decision yet as i haven't done my exams or got my results..and its one of them early questions asking if im living at home or not

ReputationRep:
    yh i guess so...and what do i put in for if im living at home or not ? because if i go UCL then i will live at home but if i end up going to Loughborough i would have to live out. But i cant make that decision yet as i haven't done my exams or got my results..and its one of them early questions asking if im living at home or not
    Put down your firm choice (or most likely) and then, if anything changes, fill out a CO1 form which will be available online at some point, this will mean that you will get any additional loan

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.