Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

at what age did you start to really enjoy sex? watch

ReputationRep:
    My attitude on sex,

STRAP YOURSELF IN AND FEEL THE Gs

But I am a crazy and alternative person, if the other party doesn't like it, screw 'em

also- If I have bad sex I really mind trying it again- I'm thinking mainly about my last boyfriend here- but I generally don't understand how people don't lose interest in people as quickly as I do- I suppose I prefer the idea of no strings attached one night stands- we'd only do it again if we both wanted to

I enjoy it a lot more at 25 than I did when I was your age- so I definitely agree that it gets better when you get older

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I enjoy it a lot more at 25 than I did when I was your age- so I definitely agree that it gets better when you get older
    oops- edit: I wanted to ask- is this what other people find?

ReputationRep:
    I guess my issue at 19 is that I just can't envisage ever being comfortable with sex/ being naked with someone- does anyone relate to this?
    I feel like its hard-wired into me because of my upbringing and my personality (perfectionistic, overthinking things, worried about making a fool of myself in a lot of situations)

i totally understand i'm in the same situation as you and also 19; i've had sex with a few guys and only once each time and i have found it pretty bad... but i think thats just because i'm not confident....you just need to find someone your comfortable with like everyone has said really

ReputationRep:
    =s I've enjoyed sex since the moment I lost my virginity.
    Might it be because you're having sex before you are actually ready for a sexual relationship?

ReputationRep:
    I guess my issue at 19 is that I just can't envisage ever being comfortable with sex/ being naked with someone- does anyone relate to this?
    I feel like its hard-wired into me because of my upbringing and my personality (perfectionistic, overthinking things, worried about making a fool of myself in a lot of situations)

Okay, here I can relate!

I had a strict upbringing both morally and with respect to discipline. From an early age I was taught how to conduct myself and my parents had high expectations of me - under no circumstances should I behave in a manner that would reflect badly (always make sure I'm dressed appropriately, don't get drunk/do drugs/sleep around etc). The 'exhibitionist' nature of nudity in front of another person was anathema to me and the thought alone hugely embarrassing.

The cure? I found the right man! When you find the right person and you can talk through your fears/embarrassment/discomfiture, it's easier to deal with the issues. To be a little crude, when you're with the right man, you're too busy to think about being uncomfortable.

Btw, I was older than you are now when I lost my virginity (fortunately to the afore mentioned 'right man').

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to know what age you guys have felt comfortable enough/confident enough having sex to just enjoy it and for it not to be a problem in relationships?

I'm just wondering- because I'm a girl of 19, I lost my virginity at 17 and have slept with 4 different boys, each on only one occasion. I once went far-ish with a girl but felt really uncomfortable/awkward about it- I may have made things a bit awkward for her/ I worry I was leading her without realising it.

I have never seen sex as an emotional thing- but I've always been a) nervous about not being good b) felt really awkward about it- easily embarrassed ect- I think this is because my parents are quite conservative/traditional in certain ways- they see sex as purely an expression of love and intimacy and think all casual sex is generally a bad thing (they never impose rules/ are not religious/ are very tolerant people- but they just don't really seem to 'get' the appeal of casual sex)

I've also always been completely untroubled by the fact I've gone through phases of being attracted to/having feelings for girls, and I feel completely comfortable kissing a girl, but not doing anything else. (and I suppose I do feel quite awkward about the thought of other girls knowing about this). I kind of wonder if doing other stuff with girls is for me in the same category as having a threesome/ different positions.

Sex is my major issue when I have a relationship- I'm not at all comfortable with having sex with people who know people I know- my last boyfriend was the sweetest person ever and all our friends are lovely people- but I just felt so so embarrassed by their good-humoured jokes about us/ any reference to sex almost. With him, I felt awkward because he was awkward in bed, really innocent and had no idea what he was doing (and neither do I really if I'm honest). With boys who are a lot more experienced, I just feel frustrated because I'm not better at it/ generally embarrassed/worried about what they will say to their friends about me (because people tend to ask a lot).

I find english people are a lot more tolerant and up-tight than people I met when I lived in continental europe (spanish, mexican, swedish, dutch, american)

I keep thinking right now 'well it'll just get better when I'm in my mid-twenties/late twenties..

thoughts?

Since when were America and Mexico part of continental europe? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    I am 19 now, almost 20, and I would say it is only relatively recently (ie. within the last year) that I have really started to feel completely comfortable. This is true not just of sex, but generally- I've become a lot more confident and much less shy than I used to be, and happier as a result. As I've got older I've realised it's ok to be myself and this has made a massive difference. This probably happens for everyone at a different stage, there is no reason why you will not be comfortable with someone in future just because you haven't been up until now.

ReputationRep:
    I think you enjoy sex when you're really comfortable with the person and the situation.
    I enjoyed sex when I was 15 as much as I do now and I don't think it's really related to age.

ReputationRep:
    at 16, when it was legal...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    I think you enjoy sex when you're really comfortable with the person and the situation.
    I enjoyed sex when I was 15 as much as I do now and I don't think it's really related to age.
    This. Although you do get more comfortable with a person the more times you have sex with them as you learn to read their body language a lot quicker and laugh rather than get embarrassed when you fall off the bed/bump nose/hit them in the face/really let loose with your sex face. I've enjoyed sex from the moment I started having it but it still feels a little awkward the first times you try something new.

Practise makes perfect!

ReputationRep:
    When I was 9 .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devotchka_)
    Totally agree. The physical can be good when it's good, but knowing and loving and caring about the person you're sleeping with gives it a whole new, mind-blowing dimension.
    Oh, and just about over a year ago, when I got with my long-term boyfriend and first love.

Me too! Definately agree with this.

Im 19 and find it very enjoyable and am 100% comfortable with being naked around my boyfriend. We've been together nearly 2 years, previous to that i was with a guy 18months and we were pretty comfortable. The few one night stands inbetween weren't so comfortable, except with one guy who i had known for a while.
    Basically i dont think it comes with age (nooo pun intended), it depends how comfortable you are with the other person and more importantly yourself. Find a partner that makes you feel good and happy with yourself and everything else will fall into place

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed it most 2 years ago, back when things were casual and sex was just...sex.
    Now that I'm older, relationships have to be more serious and sex is some sort of 'making love' emotional connections of the souls thing...it puts me right off I tell you!

I'm very much a follower of the animal world's way of sex...it's just mating. You wake up, go find some food, show off your masculine features, attract a female and mate with her then leave.

I particularly like the way the silverback male gorilla does it, they don't even find the need to impress a female they just climb on to their backs and shag whether she likes it or not. I tried that once in a shopping mall, but all of a sudden it's 'sexual harassment' :dry: Why does the gorilla get to do it but I don't :rant:

ReputationRep:
    20 with my second partner. The first guy was just awful - he didn't have a clue. I think it depends on who you do it with and how you feel with them.

ReputationRep:
    Eighteen and three months.

ReputationRep:
    at 97 years old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x y z)
    20 with my second partner. The first guy was just awful - he didn't have a clue. I think it depends on who you do it with and how you feel with them.
    What did the first guy do? Stick his finger up your bum? Muhahaha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.