Turn on thread page Beta

Please keep anonymous.

Hi, I'm 19 (male) and a virgin. Due to events on which I will not elaborate, I recently found out that I have, or certainly I think I have, a condition called Phimosis. Prior I did not know that I had it, nor even know of it, and did not know I had anything "wrong down there" (I had tried previously to put on a condom but failed, I didn't know why at the time and thought nothing of it). I'm not really sure what to do to sort it out - would I go see a doctor? That seems to be the only option but it strikes me as rather awkward a visit. Please, could anyone who has had such a condition tell me what they did to sort it out?

Thanks very much.

http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_...reatments.html

Is it just when you're hard or at any time? I have it as well but reading the literature it doesn't imply whether it is just when you have an erection that it is the diagnosed condition.

ReputationRep:
    Anon#2 posted a great link. I had phimosis before and didn't realise til i was about 17 that it was an issue. I did some light stretching and used a steroid cream i got from the GP to help and it worked wonders. It's still a little tight now but not painful at all and still retracts fully.

Anon#3: phimosis is just tight foreskin. whether it's when you're soft or hard, if you have trouble retracting the foreskin, you have it.

Thanks very much for the link. I think I'll try it and perhaps e-mail the author.

Sitbh, do you mind if I ask how tight it was? That is to ask, say, could you retract it at all or just not fully? I think I have a rather severe case (but, as I say, I don't know much about it) since there's absolutely no way retract; even when fully erect only a tiny part of the head is visible (probably less than a centimetre squared).

ReputationRep:
    When erect i could retract it down 1/3 of the head. then i could see the skin being stretched and it hurt like hell so i couldnt go further. When flaccid it was fine. Go to your GP and say what you think you have, they will need to check it so maybe think about what doctor you would like to see your jewels beforehand lol. They will give you some advice on how severe it is and what methods are likely to cure it.

I have a very mild version of this.

I am sexually active however, my foreskin can be pulled over the head just about, but it isn't that comfortable.

I have sex frequently, and have no problem putting on a condom so maybe if you do it is a bit different...

I had phimosis. About 14 months ago had a circumcision, now it is brilliant sex life is good, no problems at all and nice and clean. Beforehand couldnt even masturbate because of phimosis, if it is this bad then I 100% suggest circumcision - this is the only foolproof method that will work for everyone to cure phimosis. I was 16 at the time.

Well I can masturbate so it can't be as bad as yours. I really don't want a circumsision.

I feel slightly embarassed going to see a doctor to be honest, although I know that's the most ridiculous and childish thing ever. I've never actually met my GP either.

If you have a cirsumcission you will most likely have to use lubricants when you masterbate which is kinda messy, i dont usually pull the forskin above the head when i masterbate, but i do the exercises because it means i can pull it over the head easier if i was getting a blow job or i girl wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well I can masturbate so it can't be as bad as yours. I really don't want a circumsision.

I feel slightly embarassed going to see a doctor to be honest, although I know that's the most ridiculous and childish thing ever. I've never actually met my GP either.
    See a man GP if you can. I saw a female as she was the only one available and when i mentioned it was problems downstairs she said 'let me see if any of the male doctors are available' but none were :/ had to drop them infront of her which was uncool. But it wasn't as bad as i thought, they've seen it all before and will simply act professional and try and help you

Ah Ok then, will try to work up the courage to go see a doctor about it in the next few weeks.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Lube thing is true, needed for a good **** otherwise gonna have to use spit which is ******* annoying. Also usually required for sex or can become quite uncomfortable and hart to penetrate.

So if a guy is 18 and cannot roll his foreskin back, does he have phimosis?

The link mentioned not to force it. But does the foreskin tend to loosen as the guy gets older? That is, if a guy cannot roll it back at 18, should he be worried?

Also, when did you guys first start rolling back your foreskin and cleaning? I have not been able to roll back or put my index finger in. Worried that lack of hygiene isn't good for me.

Should I get a circumcision?

Can you not roll it back to clean when completely flaccid?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.