Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    First i have no idea what job i would like in the future and in a previous thread i decided to choose my 4 A levels i am going to do.
    They are:
    Maths
    Physics
    Chemistry
    Economics
    :yes:

What careers "areas" could i get into with these choices?
    I really like Physics and Computing are there any jobs that would be good for me and that i may be able to do?
    I know this may be a very broad question, but i am very interested.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much anything, depending on what your A Level results are like, what degree you decide to do, what degree result you get...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Pretty much anything, depending on what your A Level results are like, what degree you decide to do, what degree result you get...
    Cool thanks

ReputationRep:
    I see that you got a pretty vague answer there haha!

With those you can literally choose anything you want to do. If you know a fair bit of computer jargon and would like to do computer programming, that seems to be a fairly good career path at the moment. The main thing to do is make sure you do as well in your A Levels as possible, if you can get at least 2 A's out of those subjects most of the top universities will accept you.

One thing I would say to you is that if you enjoy Economics and/or do well in it and you study maths or a financial degree then it would be well worth looking at going into banking, the scope for salaries in banking is huge.

I am currently doing Maths and Sport Science at Loughborough and although I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, I have been encouraged by my careers centre to look at internships and placements to enhance my career prospects. I have applied for internships at RBS Barclays and Lloyds, and I got quite far in the selection process without knowing anything about banking whatsoever.

Having said all that, I would just like to reinforce what I said that if you do as well as you can in those subjects, you can pick (almost) whatever you like at university, and then work towards a minimum 2:1 at uni and you have opened up a world of opportunities for yourself. Good luck!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.