Turn on thread page Beta

What if I want to lose weight but... watch

...I really like crisps and pizza and chinese take away and other bad things, and I have very little time to do any "real" exercise (I probably walk about 3 to 4 miles a day in and around town, but no actual focussed exercise) between work, sleep and looking after a 6 week old baby? I'd like to keep eating unhealthily and not move very much, but lose weight. Can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    You probably want to ask your GP for a prescription for willpower More importantly even if you are slim, you are not healthy if your diet is of pizza and crisps. You need to want to lose weight for good reasons related to your health, that is the only way to lead a good lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    You want to eat crap, do no exercise and still lose weight??
    Yeahh..

ReputationRep:
    You could try the Paul McKenna thing. He reckons if you eat only when you're hungry and chew things (i.e eat slowly) you'll lose weight like that. Theres probably articles on the internet about him.

But it all tastes so good! It's not fair.

(Original post by Gemma :)!)
    You want to eat crap, do no exercise and still lose weight??
    Yeahh..
    Pretty much, yeah.

Maybe if I gain some more muscle, I'll naturally burn more calories during the day and lose weight? I could do weights in my chair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhumbauze)
    ...I really like crisps and pizza and chinese take away and other bad things, and I have very little time to do any "real" exercise (I probably walk about 3 to 4 miles a day in and around town, but no actual focussed exercise) between work, sleep and looking after a 6 week old baby? I'd like to keep eating unhealthily and not move very much, but lose weight. Can anyone help?
    Sure, if you stay perfectly still you can eat what you like. after a few months of not using your muscles they'll undergo atrophy and waste away and since muscle is more dense than fat you'll lose plenty of mass/weight

/sarcasm

ReputationRep:
    :troll: Mhmm

(Original post by Artymess)
    Sure, if you stay perfectly still you can eat what you like. after a few months of not using your muscles they'll undergo atrophy and waste away and since muscle is more dense than fat you'll lose plenty of mass/weight

/sarcasm
    Will I lose fat? I want to lose fat

ReputationRep:
    You just have to have willpower. I am dying to eat pizza and pasta and with sauce and a bucket of cheese :coma:
    But.. you just can't.
    Either exercise more and carry on eating as normal.
    Or just stop eating junk. It's hard but once you lose the weight it will be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I understand exactly how you feel. (It doesn't help that I often get free food at work...)

What you could do is learn to make low calorie versions of the foods you like, or eat them in moderation/ as a treat only.

ReputationRep:
    Worst troll ever.

ReputationRep:
    Lipo x

(Original post by Natasha_c)
    I understand exactly how you feel. (It doesn't help that I often get free food at work...)

What you could do is learn to make low calorie versions of the foods you like, or eat them in moderation/ as a treat only.
    I used to work - solo - in a pub kitchen. Now that was a food nightmare. Burgers, sausages, bacon... all right there! All day! Plus on my own... so not only was there no one to watch me nomming all the food like a fat ****, but also it could get really boring... not a good combination. And at one point I started making myself a bacon roll with cheese and chorizo sausage every day! But... my main weakness... was picking at the curly fries. Mmmmm curly fries! I'm bloody lucky it was a hectic job with a lot of running around back and forth to the store etc and on my feet all day. Otherwise I'd clearly have become an utter blimp!

Also folks... this isn't a troll... I'm not saying I want to be in the 2012 olympics or anything but I would like to drop a few pounds without too many lifestyle changes. Like I said, I have a new baby, so anything that takes time / preparation (i.e. scheduled exercise, or being able to prepare healthy food that I can't just grab a bag of out of the cupboard) isn't really doable.

I guess I should just start eating more fruit etc. instead of unhealthy snacks. But seriously... even though I love fruit... anyone who tries to claim it's filling is just straight up lying. I could eat grapes until I'm sick and still not feel remotely full.

ReputationRep:
    I hate people who say they don't have time to exercise. Its such crappity crap. Bhumbauze, if you exercise, you can eat whatever you want, whenver you want + it feels awesome once you get into it.

ReputationRep:
    but a saw and cut off a limb.

ReputationRep:
    if you think about doing exercise really hard it's as good as the real thing

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.