Turn on thread page Beta

What do you wear for nights out girls? watch

ReputationRep:
    Im not a dressing up girl Ive had 4 horses to look after all my life (if thats a valid reason). Eitherway what is the norm for night outs these days expecially while at uni? I don't like dresses Im small, slim 5ft2 with small breasts. I was just looking for some ideas. I don't mind wearing tights and leggings but Im not a dress or skirt girl I just own casual clothes really. Pics would be helpful Ive tried looking on the net but they all seem to wear dresses with very low cut tops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous,)
    Im not a dressing up girl Ive had 4 horses to look after all my life (if thats a valid reason). Eitherway what is the norm for night outs these days expecially while at uni? I don't like dresses Im small, slim 5ft2 with small breasts. I was just looking for some ideas. I don't mind wearing tights and leggings but Im not a dress or skirt girl I just own casual clothes really. Pics would be helpful Ive tried looking on the net but they all seem to wear dresses with very low cut tops.
    Then what on earth do you wear them with?

ReputationRep:
    Just wear whatever you're most comfortable with. Personally I wear dresses, or long tops and leggings or sometimes shorts and a nice top. I see people out in jeans but it tends to get too hot! But yeah, leggings/ tights is fine

ReputationRep:
    Generally skinny jeans, a nice top, a blazer and heels. I bought a couple of dresses to go out in but I'm like you I think.. I'm not really a 'dress' girl and don't really feel comfortable or 'me' in one so I generally stick to jeans or shorts and tights. Just wear whatever you feel is more 'you'..no point wearing something you don't feel right in

ReputationRep:
    heels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha1991)
    Generally skinny jeans, a nice top, a blazer and heels. I bought a couple of dresses to go out in but I'm like you I think.. I'm not really a 'dress' girl and don't really feel comfortable or 'me' in one so I generally stick to jeans or shorts and tights. Just wear whatever you feel is more 'you'..no point wearing something you don't feel right in
    what kind of shorts don't they look odd with tights?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Then what on earth do you wear them with?
    long tops?

ReputationRep:
    long tops?
    Okay, so make that massive jump from long tops to a dress with tights? Do you just want something that's not low cut?

ReputationRep:
    what kind of shorts don't they look odd with tights?
    Haha possibly! I dunno I think they look ok but I might be wrong! Just black ones in like trouser-y material

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Okay, so make that massive jump from long tops to a dress with tights? Do you just want something that's not low cut?
    Ideally, or shorts but Im not sure which look right and which don't.

ReputationRep:
    I have some plain black shorts (from New Look, a little like this, but not high waisted - http://www.newlook.co.uk/1806681/180...ctDetails.aspx ), which I wear with tights and a nice top. I have worn jeans with nice tops before, but I found it too hot. I am also in love with my jeggings at the moment. I wear them with long tops. I have a grey one, and a black one with a zip all the way down. Wear whichever shoes you feel comfortable in

ReputationRep:
    My suggestion? A mankini, Kanye shades and green high heels

ReputationRep:
    Just wear a dress (they're not that scary) and some high heels. There are lots of dresses out there and they're not all low-cut. xx

ReputationRep:
    I wear trousers sometimes, but they have to be something a little different - like faux leather or tartan - and always skinny. Shorts are good on a night out as well. Not all dresses are girly, though - long-sleeved ones are great, and straight-cut shifts always look good. I'm not really one for wearing heels as they hurt, but some are really comfortable so you can try out a few and see what you're into.

You see girls in dresses and heels, and you see girls in jeans and a t-shirt: to be honest, as long as you're comfortable it doesn't really matter too much.

ReputationRep:
    Try the tunic-y style dresses that are quite popular at the moment - they're not usually low cut, and it'll be just like wearing a long top. Try those with leggings, and voila.

Alternatively, go into a shop, tell an assistant what you want, and ask them to help you out a bit. New Look and Dorothy Perkins are doing 20% off with a student card at the moment too, so that's worth a look.

ReputationRep:
    I wear tight jeans with a top and heels or a dress and heels.

I think my favourite outfit so far was a jumpsuit

Just accessorize really well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaikh 'n' Baikh)
    My suggestion? A mankini, Kanye shades and green high heels
    :lol: hahaha. Tried and tested?

ReputationRep:
    Wear high heels (you can get away with this cos you're only 5'2), short skirt and slap on that makeup.

Works a charm :yes:

ReputationRep:
    personally, I'm not a girly girl. I'm slightly anti-heels. I prefer looking at them instead of actually wearing them lol
    I like wearing a vest top, a jacket/blazer,leggings and a pair of brogues. Try it.

ReputationRep:
    This should be in Clothes and Accessories.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.