Turn on thread page Beta

It's been years since I saw "her". "Her" being a very very close friend of mine whom I developed feelings for her. When I decided to tell her, well that was the end of the friendship. She didn't feel the same way but promised we'd still keep in touch but despite my attempts to keep in touch with her I never heard from her again. The last time I spoke to was in December 2007 and I last sent her an email in February 2008. I asked her to tell me where we stood in terms of our friendship. When she didn't reply I sent her another letter telling her to never ever contact me again and that I wished I had never met her and that my life would have been so much happier without her. I wanted to destroy this photo and frame she gave me of me and her but I couldn't bring myself to destroy it so I sent it to her and asked her to do what she wanted it as it wasn't mine to destroy.

I've tried so hard to forget her and it's got better with time. It led to an OCD and I began taking sessions and medications to make it better and I'm far less upset and depressed about it but yet I do still think of her every now and then.

It was her birthday yesterday. I used to always send her a card or call her on her birthday but when she didn't reciprocate the card I gave her in 2008 I stopped. I was so tempted to contact her again but I thought not to.

I still miss her though. I just don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Just leave her alone and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's been years since I saw "her". "Her" being a very very close friend of mine whom I developed feelings for her. When I decided to tell her, well that was the end of the friendship. She didn't feel the same way but promised we'd still keep in touch but despite my attempts to keep in touch with her I never heard from her again. The last time I spoke to was in December 2007 and I last sent her an email in February 2008. I asked her to tell me where we stood in terms of our friendship. When she didn't reply I sent her another letter telling her to never ever contact me again and that I wished I had never met her and that my life would have been so much happier without her. I wanted to destroy this photo and frame she gave me of me and her but I couldn't bring myself to destroy it so I sent it to her and asked her to do what she wanted it as it wasn't mine to destroy.

I've tried so hard to forget her and it's got better with time. It led to an OCD and I began taking sessions and medications to make it better and I'm far less upset and depressed about it but yet I do still think of her every now and then.

It was her birthday yesterday. I used to always send her a card or call her on her birthday but when she didn't reciprocate the card I gave her in 2008 I stopped. I was so tempted to contact her again but I thought not to.

I still miss her though. I just don't know what to do.
    err... either your a troll or you need to sort your creepy stalker issues

ReputationRep:
    Shag 7 of her best mates. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Basically this isn't healthy in any way to get so worked up over a girl you haven't seen in two years. She isn't replying, get the hint and look elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    ******* hell..medication and **** because of a woman?? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of fish in the sea buddy. Don't force yourself to forget about her. Let time do its job. In the mean while keep a healthy social life. And u ll see, pretty soon u ll be starting a thread about the next girl. Because lets face it, the Romeos in life always get screwed.

Oh I have a healthy social life, I study at a different uni and have lots of mates and having a great time. Just never found a nice girl and every now and then I find something that reminds me of her whether it be old photographs or cards or letters she sent me, or hearing her favourite song on the radio or something. I haven't spoken to her in years. I recently found out her grandmother is dying and wanted to contact her to tell her that I was sorry to hear that but then I thought why should I contact her? I mean I've had people close to me pass away in the time since I last saw her and she was never there to support me. Moving on has proven very difficult. There were times when great things have happened like passing exams, meeting someone famous, etc. and I wanted to phone her and tell her but then I realise can't do that anymore.

If anything I miss her friendship. I know she still asks about me to other mates of mine who know her. I just haven't heard from her.

ReputationRep:
    You cant forget about her because you are a bumder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh I have a healthy social life, I study at a different uni and have lots of mates and having a great time. Just never found a nice girl and every now and then I find something that reminds me of her whether it be old photographs or cards or letters she sent me, or hearing her favourite song on the radio or something. I haven't spoken to her in years. I recently found out her grandmother is dying and wanted to contact her to tell her that I was sorry to hear that but then I thought why should I contact her? I mean I've had people close to me pass away in the time since I last saw her and she was never there to support me. Moving on has proven very difficult. There were times when great things have happened like passing exams, meeting someone famous, etc. and I wanted to phone her and tell her but then I realise can't do that anymore.

If anything I miss her friendship. I know she still asks about me to other mates of mine who know her. I just haven't heard from her.
    I think if you rang her after all this time she'd just call the police to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're idolising her in your head, and it's this 'ideal' you can't forget. You also seem to have accepted you can't move on, which is never good Seriously, I think if you saw her, and actually have contact with her, you'd realise this is infatuation.

I've had similar feelings in the past (I think it's normal when you're trying to move on), and that did take years too... But I think now, had I really been with him, I would've realised that I actually built up an image of him in my head which he wasn't, and probably get bored of him quite quickly :P or, perhaps, I would truly fall for him in another way, but for who he really is It would never be like how I felt when I was simply fantasizing :P

Seriously though, you need to realise this is unhealthy and she's probably not even as amazing as you remember. Memory does annoying things, and especially with things you've lost/never had Hope it gets better for you.

ReputationRep:
    Look into my eyes, look into my eyes...not around the eyes, not around the eyes, look into my eyes.
    *click*
    You're under.
    From now on you will totally forget her, leave her alone and move on

*click*

Off you go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by falls_whisper)
    I actually built up an image of him in my head which he wasn't...

Seriously though, you need to realise this is unhealthy and she's probably not even as amazing as you remember. Memory does annoying things, and especially with things you've lost/never had Hope it gets better for you.
    Troy agrees with this user. Perhaps you would like to participate in one of my films?

ReputationRep:
    You're putting the p-u-s-s-y on the pedestal again, and I believe you never even got to that to point with her on the first place. I'm not going to lie, I've been in that position with an ex of mines. I used to always bump into her at the clubs (after we broke up), we went to the same high school so we had the same circle of friends. When I texted her she used to always give me one word answers, or simply just make everything I said like it was something awkward. I always had to say something or else the convo would just stop right there.

I realized I was obsessing and that it wasn't cool, I charged her to the game and kept it moving. I've been happier ever since...

Hmm, now that I think about it if you would've cut her off earlier, she might have been the one wanting to talk with you. Just a thought.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.