Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Amsterdam, info please Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Band)
    The drinking age excluding spirits is 16.

Bets time is 18+ though as thats the age for "coffee shops", not that they seem to check much. :yes:
    Haha yeah but all the drinks places we saw had threatening signs in the window: "if you're not 18 F*** OFF"

:P

ReputationRep:
    I've been twice now & I love it. I never really got the chance to see the 'party' scene but I had one hell of a laugh just exploring the city and 'checking out' the various coffee shops dotted around the city. It's quite an experience. Just visiting the 'Red Light' district becomes somewhat addictive in all its absurdity and character. If it is hardcore partying you're after, however, I heard a cheap way of doing so would be through a 'bar crawl'. Me and my friends were supposed to go on one but found ourselves far too stoned to even make our way there... :rolleyes: I would definately recommend taking mushrooms (not truffles). They're illegal but if you ask discreetly at a smart shop they'll usually sell you them over the counter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scout1234)
    Haha yeah but all the drinks places we saw had threatening signs in the window: "if you're not 18 F*** OFF"

:P
    I think our group, aged 17/18 got Id'd once, at some coffeeshop so the ones with ID produced and they said we know the others aren't 18 but you can have it anyway.

And i agree that you will get addicted to just walking round past all the red lights.
    You'll never feel better until you have like 100 women all hitting on you at the same time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.