Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm way in over my head here... I've never really done this before and what may seem ever so simple for most is certainly not for me lol.

Basically - I've been talking to a girl from college on Facebook and I gave her my number and we started texting. That's where the story ends and that's where I am now. What is the next step? I haven't actually talked to her face-to-face yet (we don't share any classes, just a mutual friend, not in terms of FB) and I'm afraid it'd be quite awkward if and when I do so I'm a little bit apprehensive about the whole thing.

If you've got any tips about this, I'd be very happy lol

Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm way in over my head here... I've never really done this before and what may seem ever so simple for most is certainly not for me lol.

Basically - I've been talking to a girl from college on Facebook and I gave her my number and we started texting. That's where the story ends and that's where I am now. What is the next step? I haven't actually talked to her face-to-face yet (we don't share any classes, just a mutual friend, not in terms of FB) and I'm afraid it'd be quite awkward if and when I do so I'm a little bit apprehensive about the whole thing.

Thanks guys!
    so.simple from TSR. :love:

Anyway, to answer your question, I think you should carry on talking to her, develop a better understanding and when you gain more confidence ask her for drinks sometime.

Confidence is key.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    ask her if she wants to go to starbucks after college one day..??

(Original post by *MJ*)
    so.simple from TSR. :love:

Anyway, to answer your question, I think you should carry on talking to her, develop a better understanding and when you gain more confidence ask her for drinks sometime.

Confidence is key.

Good luck.
    I'm just worried about the conversation running dry... Any tips on that?

ReputationRep:
    I'm just worried about the conversation running dry... Any tips on that?
    What does she like?

I don't really know her, sorreh. :o:

I think you should talk about stuff that you have common interests in and the above poster has a good point, just ask her to starbucks one day after college.

ReputationRep:

Thanks guys!
    Be a man.

You walk up to her one day in college and go, "Hey you, shut your mouth and make babies"

ReputationRep:
    If I were you would always be sure enquire to what she is up to. And if it is coming up to the weekend you can ask her what she is doing. In time (fortnight) you can ask her to join you or whatever, and ask to meet up for lunch or something. I'm sure she won't mind if she is worth knowing.

Goodluck

also, as said above, this works too \/\/\/\/

"You walk up to her one day in college and go, "Hey you, shut your mouth and make babies""

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.