Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Because this forum gets more traffic and the question isn't strictly an academically based English question more just help finding a decent poem I'll ask here too.

Righto TSR. This year I'm in charge of organising a house elocution competition. As part of this I need to find a poem that can be performed by a chorus of people (i.e. something with a good rythm behind it rather than blank verse). The problem arises from the fact that the poem has to be thematically linked to the other pieces performed (three solos, one of which has to be prose, one of which has to be a poem, I've already found these). My title/theme this year is "The truth behind the mask". To give you an idea of the sort of pieces I've been choosing for that these are the solos:

Senior: Excert from the opening of "In praise of Folly" where the God folly introduces themselves and decrys false humility being regarded a virtue when really people are out for fame and recognition anyway

Colt: The "Friends, Romans, countrymen" speech from Julius Caesar

Junior: An extract from Oscar Wilde's "A ballad of Reading Gaol" from the bit starting "The vilest deeds like poison weeds bloom well in prison air"

So TSR Gods of poetry. Any ideas?

Something else not quite as urgent but if you have any ideas appreciated, I need to find a scene that I can act out (again can be from TV, film, plays, absolutely anything so long as it fits in with the theme) for a dramatic piece as well.

ReputationRep:

Comic book guy says: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

ReputationRep:
    Thanks...

Anyone else?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.