Turn on thread page Beta

Your best weight loss tip watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely drinking a lot of water! I know it doesn't actually burn fat or whatever but since I've started drinking 8 glasses a day I feel a hell of a lot healthier..I used to drink loads of diet fizzy drinks and felt quite bloated and sluggish a lot of the time but now I have soo much more energy.. and I swear my skin is clearer!

ReputationRep:
    I think for me, eating consciously - actually taking the time to taste and enjoy what I eat mindfully, slowing down mealtimes, and forcing myself to put some food onto a plate properly if I was snacking rather than mindlessly grazing without necessarily appreciating or realising what I was eating. I felt fuller quicker and so ate less, and enjoyed what I ate more. Also good for cutting out the fits of munchies that were the bane of my weight-losing life :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerSaysNo)
    So, everyone who has lost weight - what was the one thing you did that you think made a big difference?

Drinking a lot of water? Cycling to work?

I'm just decided to lose a few pounds and I'm curious as to what people think the most important factor is.:p:

stop eating bread and don't drink anything but water. Try it for a month and you'll notice a difference. (you could still have tea coffee etc, but no sugar)

ReputationRep:
    chew your food :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloemo14)

Nothing to do with this thread, but you're the first Fulham fan I've seen on here! Come On You Whites! :woo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    eating little and often

ReputationRep:
    use more calories than you consume...?

ReputationRep:
    Best tip:

Don't ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Shivering, honestly no central heating means you will lose weight very quickly, that or die in the night from hypothermia.

ReputationRep:
    Best tip is stop eating, period. The pounds will fall of you.

ReputationRep:
    eat more healthily and stop being a lazy ****

ReputationRep:
    Eat healthy, do exercise, be patient.

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not, I've actually found the most effective way to be.. don't snack, have a balanced diet, and exercise. Who'd have thunk it.

ReputationRep:
    Cut down on bread and eat your five a day. The more fruit and veg I eat the better I do in terms of weight loss.

umm, I lost some weight when I stopped eating junk food (w/o exercise). I realised this during summer holidays (because crisps/chocolate were my 'lunch' at school :rolleyes: ) So less junk food, more healthy food... I also drink lots of water, maybe 4 bottles (500ml) a day and I guess it helps

ReputationRep:
    It's not really a tip, but determination. I lost 3st last year and I wouldn't have succeeded if I wasn't 110% committed to it. Half-assed intentions are no good if you're serious about losing weight.

ReputationRep:
    Green tea and as little carbs as possible

ReputationRep:
    Best thing i think i can say is that:

-Dont starve yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Eat small portion meals but every 3-5 hours
    -Eat slowly and chew your food for longer
    -Don't snack things like choc or biscuits, instead go for small tin of sweetcorn or fight temptation
    -Do a bit of excercise, even little will help, start by maybe walking

ReputationRep:
    Have breakfast then wait for the next day and have breakfast again ... drink a ton of energy drink between these periods and youll end up burning it off just by talking

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.