Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got a parking ticket today, i got the pay and display ticket till 13.33 and recieved my fine at 13.37, anyways, i dont want 2 tell my parents about it, and there are a few ways you can pay for it, online, post (cheque not cash)etc, one of the methods is by going to the town hall, if i opt for this method can i pay by cash, because im only 18, and dont have a cheque book, and dont want to pay online as my father recieves my statements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure (but you probably can), but if my parents read my mail/bank statements I would tell them to kindly **** off. However, my parents do respect my privacy so it's ok .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_missy01)
    i got a parking ticket today, i got the pay and display ticket till 13.33 and recieved my fine at 13.37, anyways, i dont want 2 tell my parents about it, and there are a few ways you can pay for it, online, post (cheque not cash)etc, one of the methods is by going to the town hall, if i opt for this method can i pay by cash, because im only 18, and dont have a cheque book, and dont want to pay online as my father recieves my statements
    1) you can get a cheque book from your bank, they'll likely give you one
    2) you're 18, you need to speak to your dad about privacy
    3) I assume so

ReputationRep:
    Good evening madams

I am calling from the parking penalty collection authority in conjunction with the national bank of uganda. I would like to know your bank account and sort code number please so you can wire us the monies directly...you will get a rebate of 60 million ugandian dollars if you wire us the monies within 14 days madams. :borat:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how an 18 year old still has their parents reading their bank statements.

You might be able to pay it by cash, or give the money to your friend, and get them to pay it for you.

ReputationRep:
    Clicky

I'd be very surprised if they don't accept cash, but if they don't then you can pay using a postal order, which you can buy with cash at a Post Office.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    I don't understand how an 18 year old still has their parents reading their bank statements.

You might be able to pay it by cash, or give the money to your friend, and get them to pay it for you.
    I'm 21 and my mum still reads mine

Also, I don't get why a parking ticket is so bad. Just say you got held up, it's not like a speeding ticket or 3 points etc. I thought the only way to pay was by phone, net and post.

ReputationRep:
    LittleBill responds
    I'm 21 and my mum still reads mine

Also, I don't get why a parking ticket is so bad. Just say you got held up, it's not like a speeding ticket or 3 points etc. I thought the only way to pay was by phone, net and post.
    What the??
    My mum stopped opening letters address to me since I was in school. She has never opened my bank statements. She's might ask what they're about, but she rarely does.
    I just don't understand how an adult could have their parents still doing stuff like that. It's just strange to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    What the??
    My mum stopped opening letters address to me since I was in school. She has never opened my bank statements. She's might ask what they're about, but she rarely does.
    I just don't understand how an adult could have their parents still doing stuff like that. It's just strange to me.
    Agreed. My parents haven't opened my mail since I was 12. If i get something they'll ask what it is out of curiousity, but I do the same to them. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to pay if it's from a private company.

read: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...arking-tickets

I got an £80 ticket yesterday for parking my car in my own college's student car park for an exam! The reason: 'no [free] badge clearly displayed' = pointless money spinner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pugnacitas)
    You don't have to pay if it's from a private company.

read: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...arking-tickets

I got an £80 ticket yesterday for parking my car in my own college's student car park for an exam! The reason: 'no [free] badge clearly displayed' = pointless money spinner
    This one sounds like it is from the council as it says they can go to Town Hall to pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Good evening madams

I am calling from the parking penalty collection authority in conjunction with the national bank of uganda. I would like to know your bank account and sort code number please so you can wire us the monies directly...you will get a rebate of 60 million ugandian dollars if you wire us the monies within 14 days madams. :borat:

Spoiler:
    Show

Repped and apluaded

ReputationRep:
    Were you 4 minutes overdue?
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf parking penalty.pdf (20.9 KB, 101 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steve2005)
    Were you 4 minutes overdue?
    yep. m going 2 pop in2 town hall 2morrow on my way 2 uni and pay it, get it over and done with.

ReputationRep:
    If they accept a cheque then they'll accept a crossed postal order. Only problem with that is the post office will charge 10% on top of the value of the order.

And you could just contact your banks and ask them to stop sending you paper statements. Even then, your parents shouldn't open your mail!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.