Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    no like am pm times
    718 more posts till im at your level!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    9.15 pm
    thank you i was just wondering!

ReputationRep:
    no like am pm times
    9:18 pm according to my clock.

ReputationRep:
    thank you i was just wondering!
    don't they teach you 24 hour time in the US?

ReputationRep:
    ok thats wut i did but i wasnt sure if mine would still get counted
    It will.

ReputationRep:
    no like am pm times
    Do you not know 24hr clock?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    don't they teach you 24 hour time in the US?
    no they dont i forgot how to read a real clock everything is digital !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    no they dont
    wow, must not be as advanced as i thought

ReputationRep:
    no they dont i forgot how to read a real clock everything is digital !!!!!
    to make that more clear

they do NOT teach us how to read a 24 hour clock

they teach us how to read a am pm clock

ive forgotten how to read that since its been about 10 yrs. and everything is digital.....sry it was kinda confused the first time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Yep, only top 30 can nominate. Though with certain people not replying currently it is top 30 + Anna.
    hmm dont worry, ive replied.

ReputationRep:
    no you are not

only the top thirty (like me) are allowed to.....poor happysunshine
    yes... but aren't nominations what you use to get a starting point for a big vote

like you get it down to 4 in each category and run a load of polls (hey, make a new folder on the forum, but only d can do that and d's asleep) and the results of the polls (open to the public) dictate the final winner

obviously, the biggest posters would nominate because they have surely read every thread in their search for something to post to add to their post count

ReputationRep:
    and links could be put to each nominated post so the public can read and decide for themselves

ReputationRep:
    anyway, why are you discussing this on a private thread?

if you "top 30 + Anna" are so elite then shouldn't you be honoured with your own private thread and message board in order to debate the awards without outside interferences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)

if you "top 30 + Anna" are so elite then shouldn't you be honoured with your own private thread and message board in order to debate the awards without outside interferences?
    Is this turning into a popularity contest? *shocked*... of all places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)

yes we should be....but were not

sooo hermm

i guess you will just have to be bitter that you arent a top thirty wont you? Whahahaha

LOVEs POWEr

ReputationRep:
    yes we should be....but were not

sooo hermm

i guess you will just have to be bitter that you arent a top thirty wont you? Whahahaha

LOVEs POWEr
    let me make this clear, top 30 posters are nominating we will then make shortlists. anyone with over 300 posts (most members) will be able to vote on these shortlists. so most people will get their say.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    let me make this clear, top 30 posters are nominating we will then make shortlists. anyone with over 300 posts (most members) will be able to vote on these shortlists. so most people will get their say.

lou xxx
    When will we get our say? Or when will everyone else excluding myself get their say, as I have yet to reach 300 posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    When will we get our say? Or when will everyone else excluding myself get their say, as I have yet to reach 300 posts.
    when we've got the nominations in, not ure when that will be.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    when we've got the nominations in, not ure when that will be.

lou xxx
    guess: 2 more days

ReputationRep:
    So hapysunshine it gives you enough time to spam the forums so you will be eligible to vote. It seems to me that this is going to have the effect of lowering the quality of posting. People naming no names are in the top 30 posters or have over 300 posts due to the fact that they give one word replies or post pointless threads and then those of us who attempt to post thoughtfully but not as frequently are not allowed to vote. We have already had the parties dividing up the forums and this seems like another idea which will just cause illfeeling and pointless spam.
    Maybe I will go and post 2000 posts of crap to get into the top 30.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.