Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i feel betrayed and extremely hurt by someone, who i trusted completely, who i've known for a very, very long time.
    i have this desire to make them hurt as much as i am and i know how to do it.
    i feel like ethically its wrong but the only way i can control the pain i feel is to think of my revenge.
    im so conflicted
    has anyone else ever felt this way?

ReputationRep:
    yep very much so, but i went completely the wrong way about it and aimed my anger at the whole world and not the people who hurt me! instead i went on a destructive path and hurt everyone around me the same way i got hurt! not a good idea

ReputationRep:
    i think its a way of expressing anger perhaps
    or trying to deal with the unfairness of them inflicting this on me and living in peace, i guess its about justice

ReputationRep:
    believe me... at the end of the day you'll still feel the same, with or without revenge

ReputationRep:
    maybe, but for the time being when i get really upset thinking about it, if i think of getting revenge it calms me down
    i won't do anything for a couple of months until im certain the initial rage/shock has passed
    but for the time being the thought keep me going

ReputationRep:
    I feel that way about quite a few people. :/

ReputationRep:
    ive only ever felt this way about this person, because this is the person ive trusted most in my life
    in the past when they have upset me over more trivial things (in comparison to this) ive said some fairly harsh things and that has given me satisfaction
    what im thinking of doing now is, i feel, a lot more sinister, hence i have qualms about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m0man)
    believe me... at the end of the day you'll still feel the same, with or without revenge
    So untrue. Revenge is definitely sweet.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theonion.com/content/opin..._be_rushed_and

ReputationRep:
    This will sound like a load of ****, but I say rise above it. Be the better person. And never talk to them again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    So untrue. Revenge is definitely sweet.
    Yeah but then it'll have a bitter aftertaste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m0man)
    Yeah but then it'll have a bitter aftertaste.
    Can't say I've ever found that. Nothing like sweet sweet satisfaction of well and truly ******* someone over for crossing you.

ReputationRep:
    its someone i cared a lot about, more than anyone else in my life
    but what they have done to me is cruel
    would you still do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hibiscus)
    its someone i cared a lot about, more than anyone else in my life
    but what they have done to me is cruel
    would you still do it?
    Without knowing the details (don't worry I'm not asking you to provide them), I'd ask did they do it on purpose? Did they know how much it hurt you and did they continue if they found out?

ReputationRep:
    they knew how much it hurt, ive lost sleep,cried continuously, become unwell, lost focus on work etc and they could have supported me but instead when i have told them all this they have ignored me
    in the past whenever they were upset, i would console them
    i feel like the foundations on which my care for them was based has been shaken, i dont know how to feel towards them any more

ReputationRep:
    can someone who says they love you ignore you when your heart is breaking and you plea with them to help you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.