Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This may seem very bizarre, I will try to explain it as best I can.

I dated an amazing girl for ten months, she is kind, fun and beautiful and I fell for her completley. But, didn't treat her superbly, I took her for granted and now and then made fun of her.

We broke up and things went a little bit sour. She made a habbit of kissing my best friends and then hid away from me when she started going out with someone else. I then started going out with one of her friends, which was a massive mistake, subsequently we went our complete seperate ways.

A year has gone since all this, yet recently she's all I can think about. She is genuinely the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing before I fall asleep (I'm not sleeping well because of it either). I keep reading her old love letters and things I've kept from our relationship.

Every part of my heart wants me to contact her, but I know that she probably has no interest in me (it's been a year after all) and I'd doubt she thinks of me at all anymore. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    We often remember things better than they were at the time. You feel nostalgic about the relationship I reckon because you are going through a quiet spell, so your mind falls back to other happier options. Therefore, occupy your mind, get out and meet more people, the relationship ended for a reason, it didnt work.

ReputationRep:
    "You had me, you lost me and now you want me back, you ****** around and played around and now you're feeling sad."--unknown.

ReputationRep:
    I've felt like that before.. The only thing I can say that with me it often passes within a month, so I would give it some time.. And I agree with what Double Agent says too.

Give it time. It might pass. If not, and you still feel like you want to talk to her, you should be completely honest and tell her that you have been a **** and that you've got a grip now.. If you have..

ReputationRep:
    Well I've matured a lot in the last year, I'd like to envisage that things would be different. Keeping busy is a shout, but for someone who recently became unemployed who has all his friends currently in exam season I'm finding myself a bit left out. So my mind is prone to wander.

ReputationRep:
    time my friend solves a lot

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.