Turn on thread page Beta

A girl I like watch

Announcements

Ok, so im 17 years old and there is a girl in the year below (16yrs old) that I like ALOT, but when I am around her at first, it is really quite awkward and I struggle to find anythig to talk about. I dont normally get lost for words when speaking to anyone, just this particular girl.
    It is very clear that we both like eachother but when at a party or anything like that, we get close but noting ever happens because I get nervous, even though I have had a few previous experiences with other girls.

Any advice on what to do (e.g. when I struggle to find words etc.) would be appreciated.
    And also any ideas on what I should do the next time I find we are getting 'close'.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls actually prefer guys who are more shy, it shows that its their 1st time and they really like you or smth like that. So, i'd say, when you two are getting 'close' just say hi/hello. Talk abt the weather lol. it'll be weird but trust me, she'll smile and say smth. then tell her she looks beautiful in this light or smth and compliment her dress. She'll really get onto you, and you two will look like a cute couple. HAVE FUN!

ReputationRep:
    At parties drink more

ReputationRep:
    Take the plunge if you're sure you both like each other. Tell her/kiss her

ReputationRep:
    It tells that ur in first love - ... Dont break it soon.. let the pressure develop for sometime.. it will be interesting experience...

PS... Do not wait until some else picks her up....

ReputationRep:
    Think about something you can talk about before you go upto her. Even if it's only something silly. Tell her you like her dress or something.

ReputationRep:
    Just make simple conversion like her dress is nice or her eyes are beautiful, be romantic, it's ok to be shy just don't let it overule any conversation and stops you talking, try asking her out to a party or go to the cinema together, good luck mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, so im 17 years old and there is a girl in the year below (16yrs old) that I like ALOT, but when I am around her at first, it is really quite awkward and I struggle to find anythig to talk about. I dont normally get lost for words when speaking to anyone, just this particular girl.
    It is very clear that we both like eachother but when at a party or anything like that, we get close but noting ever happens because I get nervous, even though I have had a few previous experiences with other girls.

Any advice on what to do (e.g. when I struggle to find words etc.) would be appreciated.
    And also any ideas on what I should do the next time I find we are getting 'close'.

Thanks.
    1st date - ask her out for coffee

hi fancy going out for coffee sometime
    yea sure
    How's %Time&Date%
    Yea Thats Good / I'm Busy

no need to hang around and make things feel awkward, think about things you can ask her about herself

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.