Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you despised other races, which most British people beneath the surface do (:yes: ), would you date a non-white?

If you disliked lower social class people, would you date them?

Which group of people, whether in race, religion, socio-economic class/personality terms could you never date? Or feel totally ashamed to date?

http://images.google.tt/imgres?imgur...a%3DN%26um%3D1

I could never date somebody like this; she just exudes crudeness and shallowness.

Somebody like this

http://images.google.tt/imgres?imgur...a%3DG%26um%3D1

Is more my type. At least she wants a future, unlike most in the first photograph.

ReputationRep:
    Pro-lifery is a deal breaker.

ReputationRep:
    obviously, if i despised other races or lower social class people then i wouldnt date them.. thats such a stupid question

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't date a Tory or a toff. One and the same really. Or a man, come to think of it

ReputationRep:
    anybody religious tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhySoLimey)
    obviously, if i despised other races or lower social class people then i wouldnt date them.. thats such a stupid question
    That's what I thought, get out of my head

ReputationRep:
    Hmm a deal breaker for me, would be religion of any kind, genuine chauvinism and/or football fanatics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    That's what I thought, get out of my head
    why am i in your head? its you who is in mine!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't date a sports jock, someone with difference religious beliefs to me (i.e. not an athiest) or a Labour supporter.

Probably a few more, but hey.

I don't have any limits in terms of race or class. People are people - I judge them based on who they are, not where they come from.

Pro-lifery.

Any abrahamic religion (aside from Judaism)

(Original post by rajandkwameali)
    If you despised other races, which most British people beneath the surface do (:yes: ), would you date a non-white?

If you disliked lower social class people, would you date them?

Which group of people, whether in race, religion, socio-economic class/personality terms could you never date? Or feel totally ashamed to date?

http://images.google.tt/imgres?imgur...a%3DN%26um%3D1

I could never date somebody like this; she just exudes crudeness and shallowness.

Somebody like this

http://images.google.tt/imgres?imgur...a%3DG%26um%3D1

Is more my type. At least she wants a future, unlike most in the first photograph.
    As a white brit with an asian girlfriend I find you an offensive *****.

Typical of the chauvanistic asian boy with a stick up his bum because his outdated views are looked down upon by his white female peers and by his more progressive asian female peers.

Luckily you are in the minority in the population as a whole, and amongst your peers.
    This of course fuels your general 'the world is unfair' mentality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meow7)
    I wouldn't date a Tory or a toff. One and the same really. Or a man, come to think of it

rules me out then....torys are nice people too ...........

but no i wouldnt date anyone who was very religious.
    anyone who was narrow minded or who wasnt ambitious
    they would have to have at least some basic knowledge of politics and be able to debate about stuff
    dating someone with different views is fine as it can make things more interesting...this is literally what drew me and my ex-fling-type-person together, we met in the pub and spent the night debating, disagreeing with everything the other person is saying but sort of making it teasy and lots of banter it was awesome, and we learnt alot about eachother in a relatively short time)
    cannot try to be some "gangstar chav wannabee" (by this i dont just mean music and dress sense, i mean in attitudes as well)
    i HATE bone idleness and cronic laziness puts me off, as does the type who spend 10 hrs everyday playing computer games and dont do much else (im a pretty sporty, outgoing person, not that i'd expect them to be exactly like that but i like not to be bored to death)
    stoners & just generally those that are just happy to sponge off and not bother doing anything about it (unless they have a valid reason, say heath for example)
    rudeness and if they are in any way controlling (theres a fine line between being caring and genuinly worried/concerned for the girl; and just being downright controlling...its best not to cross that line
    overly clinggy guys....im a pretty busy person and i'd like not to have to change my whole life around to fit them in (though i do get that compromise is sometimes needed, but if i dont reply to the text straight away it doesnt mean i dont care, it just means i dont spend my life staring at my phone...i have a life! lol)

as for asthetics; they cannot be obese, taller than me (im 5ft 8), and they have GOT to have nice teeth (i just have this thing with people and bad teeth, it literally grosses me out), baldness (ahahaha now im just being stupid)be reasonalbly fit & have a decent figure (though this doesnt mean they have to spend their lives at the gym, but some muscle is niiice) they cannot be sloppy with their personal hygene (seriously ive met this guy in my seminar class who showers once every 4 days...YUCK!)

i dont ask for alot do i lol

probably why i seem to have more casual flings rather than long term relationships as i tend to run away or lose interest before it gets serious....

LOL i dont even want to know how bad this makes me sound but, hey, some people find this type of honesty refreshing

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I can see being a deal breaker would be religion.

I think I'm unlikely to settle down with someone from a different race, but wouldn't rule it out.

Someone who is religious to the point where it is the main(or close to) part of their lives is something I can't buy into as an athiest.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who doesn't support Manchester United
    Anyone who doesn't have an interest in Acting

.. Haha just kidding, doesn't matter as long as they are just full of good energy.

Not a strongly religious person

Not a racist/BNP supporter/generally discriminatory or prejudiced person

Basically, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    as for things such as social class and race....

social class does not bother me in the slightest; ive liked (worked in daddys business and lived in a mansion with 3 cars for himself and a tennis court in his garden type wealthy) & dated weahthy guys (had his own business); but ive also dated a very poor guy who lived in a rle rough part of east london (well tbh most of its rough lol).i The person matters not what social class they have been brought up in.
    Though having said this, they need to have the ambition to want to move up the ladder as ive said before

race i am generally less attracted to black people but thats nothing to do with racism as i am not racist in the slightest, its just based on who you're attracted to i guess. Though having said this i have dated a black guy, but as a whole...

i tend to date either british or sri lankan & sligtly tanned people (though i wont say no to the good old blond hair blue eyes :sogood:) come to think of it; i dont actively look for this in a partner but i guess when you look back most people do have a "type" they tend to go for

again...not fussy ahahahaha......well maybe just a little...and is probably why im single

ReputationRep:
    Someone with overtly radical views on anything I suppose. There's only so much I can take until they decide it will be nice for them to try and ram it down my throat. The kind that don't accept your side, your views though you've accepted theirs.

I know too many of these types of people -_-

I'm not bothered by race or social class, something they nor I can help, all I'm interested in is their personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not a strongly religious person

Not a racist/BNP supporter/generally discriminatory or prejudiced person

Basically, that's all.

i shall add these to my list

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    Anyone who doesn't support Manchester United
    Anyone who doesn't have an interest in Acting

.. Haha just kidding, doesn't matter as long as they are just full of good energy.
    Thanks for the lovely glimpse of the sexy Angelina Jolie

Not sure I agree with above about Tories being nice people to be honest, toffs, stuck up and more money than sense come to mind but nice doesn't often coincide with tory in my head.

Yeah, a religious girl would be a no no too I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meow7)
    Thanks for the lovely glimpse of the sexy Angelina Jolie

Not sure I agree with above about Tories being nice people to be honest, toffs, stuck up and more money than sense come to mind but nice doesn't often coincide with tory in my head.

Yeah, a religious girl would be a no no too I think

we're not all rich you know
    some of us have some from very poor backgrounds but just manage to work our way up (or are in the process of doing so), and i dont see myself as particularly stuck up, probably just abit fussy in who i date but thats better than not being fussy enough for the most part (except maybe that it "narrows us abit" as sometimes if you date someone who doesnt necessarily fit into your ideal it can sometimes work out)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.