Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

girl i like. what to do?? watch

Announcements

ive never really been great with girls.. usually say dumb stuff in front of them and all that.. bit nerdy i know lol.

but every now and then i sorta click with the odd girl, and i dont act weird or anything in front of them.

anyway, i recently met this girl who lives near me on the bus.. we sorta started talking and now i think i like her. i dont really see her around so cant really get to know her like that. but then i dont wanna ask her out right away.. cos she may not even like me.. and it would quite embarrassing esp seeing as she lives near me. what do i do??????

ReputationRep:
    The fact you don't see her often actually works in your favour to ask her out on a date or at least get her number because, you can say something like "I don't know when the next time I will see you is gonna be, or if I'll even see you again so I'd like to take this chance to get your number!" or something along those lines. Don't be scared of rejection, we're not all gonna get a yes all the time, it's learning how to deal with that fear that will enable you to go get what you want, just brush it off and try again with someone else if she says no.

ReputationRep:
    try it anyway so at least you can say you tried and get it out of your system... you'll never know till you ask!!

If she didn't like you at least you won't be hung over wondering if she does or doesn't, and you can move on...

It's daunting sure, but it's actually not that hard... you just ask her...

plus, if she was creeped out (I'm sure you're not that bad) or anything like that she (and you) would just end up avoiding each other to escape the awkwardness of the situation...

you have nothing to lose but the regret of not knowing what could happen, man up dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ive never really been great with girls.. usually say dumb stuff in front of them and all that.. bit nerdy i know lol.

but every now and then i sorta click with the odd girl, and i dont act weird or anything in front of them.

anyway, i recently met this girl who lives near me on the bus.. we sorta started talking and now i think i like her. i dont really see her around so cant really get to know her like that. but then i dont wanna ask her out right away.. cos she may not even like me.. and it would quite embarrassing esp seeing as she lives near me. what do i do??????
    On the basis that she lives on a bus... I would recommend you do nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Step 1 .... Spike her drink Step 2 ....... Take her to a hidden place do what you must Step 3 ..... Get the hell out of there and make sure there is no evidence!

You could also repeat this until you are caught or go off her and if you go off her no need to do the whole breaking up thing

ReputationRep:
    Grow a pair of testicles and ask her out.

I wonder how some people function, I really do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James')
    i LOLd

(Original post by James')

aahahaha!

but yeah thanks guys. i think maybe i should ask her out.. bloody hell its gonna be awkward if she says no

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her and then get her drunk then BangBang Boogie!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    aahahaha!

but yeah thanks guys. i think maybe i should ask her out.. bloody hell its gonna be awkward if she says no
    Awkward? Why would it be? Get rid of that mindset entirely. Asking someone out is paying them a massive compliment, even if they do say know its nice to be asked. Do it with friendly confidence, keep it light hearted and because you dont really know her avoid being creepy.

ReputationRep:
    I'd flash a teste and see where it goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moley89)
    I'd flash a teste and see where it goes.
    LOL

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.