Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many muslims here have tried or still drink alcohol? watch

Out of curiosity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Out of curiosity
    Yer im a muslim and i used to drink lol. Don't drink anymore though, not for religous reasons but for not really liking the tastes.
    Rather smoke tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink alcohol. But I'm not a muslim, so I guess I'm irrelevent...

LATENIGHT(orearlymorning)REVISIO N FTW [9am exam ]

//EDIT: My dad teaches foreign students English - he told me he used to have a muslim student who used to get pissed at the weekend. That was until his father found out. Needless to say, he stopped fairly quickly [and his grades improved]

ReputationRep:
    Muslim and never tried it.

ReputationRep:
    muslim never tried it,
    its never even been within a hands reach.

ReputationRep:
    i havent and ive been offerd, and some of my white friends are adamant that i drink, but i wont give in, bam

ReputationRep:
    Muslim by name only i guess, at least that's what my other Muslim friends say 'bout me. I drink so does my dad and family - plus all of my extended family.

My friends were right.

ReputationRep:
    muslim and dont drink. alcohol has been in reach but never tempted. housmates have enough alcohol in the house but theres no desire to drink.

ReputationRep:
    Same here no drinky ;p, lols dads got cirrhosis guess how o.0

(Original post by AYE)
    Muslim by name only i guess, at least that's what my other Muslim friends say 'bout me. I drink so does my dad and family - plus all of my extended family.

My friends were right.
    :ditto: I wasn't raised religiously so it doesn't really feel wrong. I am trying to become tee-total this year for health reasons. Ironic isn't it? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Never tried it and never ever will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYE)
    Meh, I welcome the lol's rather than that blank face other Muslims give me when I say such things
    Like this :mute:

I don't drink... never seen the point... my non-Muslim friends have tried to make me drink... but I'm like NO!

And I know as a Muslim I'm not sposed to judge or anything... but Muslim and drink Alcohol.... surely those 2 words can't go in the same sentence :confused:

and that's my 6 weeks of resisting posting on TSR ended.... now to start all over again

ReputationRep:
    I've never really seen the appeal of drinking really.
    Everyone talks about how there's so much peer pressure and it's difficult to abstain from alcohol in this society - it doesn't seem difficult at all really
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Not muslim, but I've given up drinking. My only muslim friend won't tell me if they've ever had alcohol. because they won't tell me I'm assuming they have. but they don't drink now.

I'm such a lightweight... its best for me to just not drink

ReputationRep:
    Muslim, and never drank. Although my non-muslim friends always want me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    I'm such a lightweight... its best for me to just not drink
    Awww:o:

But to the OP -I am muslim and yes i've tried alcohol (came to my senses and also didnt like it)- so now dont drink :yep:

ReputationRep:
    never have never will
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Awww:o:

But to the OP -I am muslim and yes i've tried alcohol (came to my senses and also didnt like it)- so now dont drink :yep:
    lol Used to not be a lightweight! became one at uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    I've never really seen the appeal of drinking really.
    Everyone talks about how there's so much peer pressure and it's difficult to abstain from alcohol in this society - it doesn't seem difficult at all really
    me neither it seems pretty easy for me,
    i guess it depends on your social-life and who you associate with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    me neither it seems pretty easy for me,
    i guess it depends on your social-life and who you associate with.
    Yeah I guess so, my friends really aren't fussed about the fact that I dont drink alcohol. Although to be honest, I don't see why they would care

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.