Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Just wondering what is the cheapest way to get from Oxford to London. I've seen some really cheap rates Megabus has advertised on their website in the past, but I've never been able to find any of their buses at the local bus station. Where do I go to find their buses? And are they actually the cheapest ways to get to London?

I've previously just used Oxford Tube, but as I am not currently a student I have to pay the adult rate of £15 or so, which is quite a bit.

Thanks a lot!

Just checked it's £13 for a return ticket. Still quite a bit though. That's 13 quid I could spend on other necessities...

ReputationRep:
    Err i booked a train in advance the other day for £3.80 single, i do have a rail card so it will be an extra 3rd on top of that for a normal fare. You just have to look at all the times to travel.

I think however the oxford tube will be the cheapest, and it stops right outside Brookes aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Your cheapest bet would be to walk, either that or hitch hike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexAlexAlex)
    Your cheapest bet would be to walk, either that or hitch hike.
    Do it is part of a sponsored walk, That way he is paid to go. So technically even cheaper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatal_Microbes)
    Do it is part of a sponsored walk, That way he is paid to go. So technically even cheaper!
    Genius, another fundraising alternative would be some grand theft auto, and upon arrival flogging the vehicle.
    Personally I'd steal a dominos pizza take away car, that way you've got something to snack on enroute!

ReputationRep:
    How about a parent?? or you could bribe a friend with sweets....

ReputationRep:
    You know the Oxford tube IS the megabus right? The Oxford tickets sold on the website for Megabus are tickets for the Oxford tube. And at the cheapest they can be a pound either way.

ReputationRep:
    Go by microlite.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds fairly reasonable to me. I used to pay around £8-£9 for a return ticket to a town 7-8 miles away when back home. Assuming you mean the centre of London then £13 is a bargin to what I pay sometimes.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by AlexAlexAlex)
    Genius, another fundraising alternative would be some grand theft auto, and upon arrival flogging the vehicle.
    Personally I'd steal a dominos pizza take away car, that way you've got something to snack on enroute!
    You've done this before, don't even try to deny it!

And yes OP, the Megabus is the Oxford Tube - it's really not that expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lunchbox)
    Hey guys

Just wondering what is the cheapest way to get from Oxford to London. I've seen some really cheap rates Megabus has advertised on their website in the past, but I've never been able to find any of their buses at the local bus station. Where do I go to find their buses? And are they actually the cheapest ways to get to London?

I've previously just used Oxford Tube, but as I am not currently a student I have to pay the adult rate of £15 or so, which is quite a bit.

Thanks a lot!

Just checked it's £13 for a return ticket. Still quite a bit though. That's 13 quid I could spend on other necessities...
    Megabus London to Oxford IS the Oxford tube, all it means is that it's booked in advance and you're constrained to a very specific time to leave and return. You can get it as cheaply as £2.50 return online if it's far enough in advance, and you just turn up at victoria at the correct time, get on the oxford tube and shpw the driver the printout thing.

ReputationRep:
    I swear I paid just £10 straight from the Oxford Tube station for a day retun a few months ago. Student ticket, not that I had an NUS card at the time, but they didn't even ask for it.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.