Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian high school student and recently joined The Student Room in hopes of gaining more insight into studying art history at an university in the UK.

I have always been passionate about art history and architecture, and since a very young age, have decided that I would like to pursue either subject in university. Since a trip to England in elementary school, I've wanted to attend university in Britain and hope to study one day at Cambridge or Oxford, although I am aware that Oxford does not offer Architecture for undergraduate students. If I choose to study art history, which is the better university to study this subject, Cambridge or Oxford? What are the differences in course context and academic focus? Will you learn more at one particular institution? If you could, could you also provide the names of colleges in both institutions which have traditionally been stronger in art history?

For anyone who has studied architecture or is currently studying architecture at Cambridge, could you please comment on the course? Rumours persist that the architecture course at Cambridge is too academic and theoretical in comparison to the Bartlett School of Architecture. Is this true? Now that it is possible to study RIBA Part I, II, and III at the university, I am thinking strongly of staying at Cambridge to finish all three parts of the course. Is this a good choice? Would Cambridge be a good place to study architecture in general? Which particular colleges are stronger in architecture?

Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
    thesoeulmate

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.