Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm like totally confused about applying to oxford university! I'll be applyin in the 2011/2012 cycle which is like next year..

I need some advice from law students in oxford. For example to tell their grades in their A levels, LNAT and about their extra curriculars. I need all the information i can get. So that I'll know what exactly I need to get in..

Oxford University is like my DREAM! So, guys, a little help here please.

ReputationRep:
    a levels in my sig
    LNAT find out 31st jan
    extra curriculars: nothing really relevant and I don't think they care at all, really.

I did debating at school if that helps.

It's mostly about how smart you are and how well you can convey that at interview.

A-Level grades should be as high as you can get them :3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Venom)
    Hey guys, I'm like totally confused about applying to oxford university! I'll be applyin in the 2011/2012 cycle which is like next year..

I need some advice from law students in oxford. For example to tell their grades in their A levels, LNAT and about their extra curriculars. I need all the information i can get. So that I'll know what exactly I need to get in..

I got an offer so I guess I could help you out. You can see my exam results in my profile if you so wish. I'm yet to get back my LNAT score but generally anything 20 or above is regarded as a good score.

As for my EC's I didn't put anything much more interesting than I like football and distopian futures. However, they seem to like activities related to the subject. I got an 8 day placement in a local law firm and visited the magistrates' and Crown court to view various procedures. I also read a couple of books providing a general overview of the legal system as well as some more challenging jurisprudence on the law on morality and also I read a case report of a fairly famous appeal to the House of Lords.

Just make sure your personal statement is really polished and gets your enthusiasm across. Other than that all you can do is try to get the best grades possible and hope you get an interview.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Venom)

People's A level grades will be, like, straight As.

Extra-curricular activities will be irrelevant.

I can't make any comment on the LNAT but the other two apply to, like, every course at Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Im hopefully applying for law too...
    the university has set me up with a mentor who's studying law there, so i'll pass on any advice

ReputationRep:
    Edit: Don't resurrect old threads with inane posts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.