Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't received an offer from some of the unis you applied to, does your school send updated marks to them in February?

My marks dropped since the last time my grades were sent out. My schools "insists" that they need to send them to the UK, but I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it tbh. Having said that, theres nothing stopping your school from sending them updated marks if they feel they want to. (How this would be recieved/acted on by the unis I dont know.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoHands)
    I highly doubt it tbh. Having said that, theres nothing stopping your school from sending them updated marks if they feel they want to. (How this would be recieved/acted on by the unis I dont know.)
    Yea exactly! I don't understand why my school wants to disadvantage me. They say the marks they are sending are different since they are interim grades, rather than predicted marks but I'm sure the universities are going to assume those are updated predicted marks...This is like the worst time to send "updated" grades since I know the unis are considering me in the next few weeks/month.

And no the unis did not ask my school to send them any grades. My marks weren't even that bad last week. It's just my school pushed all the tests and labs together in one week and I was overwhelmed with the work, plus I didn't think my grades would matter that much so I didn't try as hard. My teachers said they wouldn't count the tests if they were bad but then they did!

My dad is going to complain tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Relax anyways. It cant have been that massive of a drop (and will therefore probably not change your chances much).

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is! Like it dropped 4 points! It's because my school converts Canadian grades to IB grades and I dropped one percent in each subject and that messed everything up because it crossed the border line. Argh.

ReputationRep:
    I think our school should send the marks that went higher and keep the lowered grades untouched. No way I can get into law school with 4 in English... SB is going to get complains starting from Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailin350)
    I think our school should send the marks that went higher and keep the lowered grades untouched. No way I can get into law school with 4 in English... SB is going to get complains starting from Monday.
    Hi Ailin. Lol that you are replied to my post. Yup it's me; if you want, we shouldn't fight anymore...

Anyways, SB hardly goes to school...I'm really scared I'm not going to go university! R says that most people's grades went up but I don't think so. Well my overall percentage went up, but not my point total which is really BS you know. But we can't really complain too much though because remember last year; be careful.

Umm how did you even find this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenna109)
    Hi Ailin. Lol that you are replied to my post. Yup it's me; if you want, we shouldn't fight anymore...

Anyways, SB hardly goes to school...I'm really scared I'm not going to go university! R says that most people's grades went up but I don't think so. Well my overall percentage went up, but not my point total which is really BS you know. But we can't really complain too much though because remember last year; be careful.

Umm how did you even find this thread?
    Well, for me only my English mark dropped because I was sick during my oral commentary. I ended up getting a 4- on it. So, I need to talk to GP first. If he doesn't give me a 5 then I'll beg. How many points did you drop?

Well, I was looking at the LSE thread until someone said some situations about students from our school. So I went to see who this Jenna was. It's not difficult to see that's you-- your writing styles and your eagerness. From your profile I came to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Well, for me only my English mark dropped because I was sick during my oral commentary. I ended up getting a 4- on it. So, I need to talk to GP first. If he doesn't give me a 5 then I'll beg. How many points did you drop?

Well, I was looking at the LSE thread until someone said some situations about students from our school. So I went to see who this Jenna was. It's not difficult to see that's you-- your writing styles and your eagerness. From your profile I came to this thread.
    Yes, I know it's not that difficult in finding me.
    I dropped 4 points from last year [1-2% in each subject]. Yea my English dropped as well. My oral commentary was bad too. I got a 4-ish, so I calculated that I would have to get like 18/25 on both English Paper 1 and 2 to meet a LSE offer [if I get one]...I think I can get 18/25 on Paper 1 but not so sure about Paper 2 tbh. Was your last written commentary good? If it was, he should have bumped your mark a bit.

At least you don't take English at HL. I regret. Should have taken HL maths and then SL Ecosystems instead.

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't received an offer from some of the unis you applied to, does your school send updated marks to them in February?

My marks dropped since the last time my grades were sent out. My schools "insists" that they need to send them to the UK, but I doubt it.
    They do if they request a secondary reference. This mostly applies to Access Course or mature students though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know it's not that difficult in finding me.
    I dropped 4 points from last year [1-2% in each subject]. Yea my English dropped as well. My oral commentary was bad too. I got a 4-ish, so I calculated that I would have to get like 18/25 on both English Paper 1 and 2 to meet a LSE offer [if I get one]...I think I can get 18/25 on Paper 1 but not so sure about Paper 2 tbh. Was your last written commentary good? If it was, he should have bumped your mark a bit.

At least you don't take English at HL. I regret. Should have taken HL maths and then SL Ecosystems instead.
    Well, for all the essays I wrote this year I got 5-. For some reason he does not appreciate my unique use of grammar. Interestingly, physics is no longer my lowest mark. Nah...I think admission officers know that Ecosystems is an easy subject. Also, I think LSE will look at your HL English, my HL economics and history, because they are essay based courses.

I should have taken A2 English, so I can get a 6 like AN.

ReputationRep:
    Well, for all the essays I wrote this year I got 5-. For some reason he does not appreciate my unique use of grammar. Interestingly, physics is no longer my lowest mark. Nah...I think admission officers know that Ecosystems is an easy subject. Also, I think LSE will look at your HL English, my HL economics and history, because they are essay based courses.

I should have taken A2 English, so I can get a 6 like AN.
    I see. No, I am pretty sure admission officers would not care if I took Ecosystems. We are already doing the IB which is harder than A-levels. For law, it doesn't matter what you subjects you take as long as you don't do Math Studies + Spanish ab initio + Ecosystems or something.

I can't deciper who AN is...argh.

ReputationRep:
    I see. No, I am pretty sure admission officers would not care if I took Ecosystems. We are already doing the IB which is harder than A-levels. For law, it doesn't matter what you subjects you take as long as you don't do Math Studies + Spanish ab initio + Ecosystems or something.

I can't deciper who AN is...argh.
    Well, I think she took A2... the Residence prefect...
    Oh well, btw, I am going to have a reunion with my elementary school friend. That one..

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think she took A2... the Residence prefect...
    Oh well, btw, I am going to have a reunion with my elementary school friend. That one..
    O are you talking about the elemtnary school friend that was in our SAT class?

AN? Her first name does not start with an A and her last name does not start with a N either...

ReputationRep:
    O are you talking about the elemtnary school friend that was in our SAT class?

AN? Her first name does not start with an A and her last name does not start with a N either...
    No...the elementary school friend I told you about, the one I had a crush on since grade 2...

Yeah..her name sure starts with A and her last name starts with N....

ReputationRep:
    No...the elementary school friend I told you about, the one I had a crush on since grade 2...

Yeah..her name sure starts with A and her last name starts with N....
    O..you mean the graduate from two years ago...I see. I thought she got a 7 in A2 English? Because she told me that they said she had to get a 7 in Eng. in her most of the London uni conditional offers...

You're meeting up with him in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    O..you mean the graduate from two years ago...I see. I thought she got a 7 in A2 English? Because she told me that they said she had to get a 7 in Eng. in her most of the London uni conditional offers...

You're meeting up with him in the summer?
    Yeah, he said he'd like to have a reunion with me. So, right after graduation I will fly to see him.

Well, she said at the end she got 776 at higher level. What's her other HL?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he said he'd like to have a reunion with me. So, right after graduation I will fly to see him.

Well, she said at the end she got 776 at higher level. What's her other HL?
    @reunion-That's cute I guess.

O..She did HL Chem, Math, and English. My Chem teacher told me last year that she got a 7 in Chem. And I'm pretty sure she got a 7 in math...so yea a 6 in Eng?!? I think for LSE they need her to get 776 but for UCL and KCL they wanted her to get 38 + Eng: 7.

YJP told me yesterday that you applied to Queen Mary, LSE, and Edinburgh [and an acceptance to the latter school]. Where else did you apply to in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    @reunion-That's cute I guess.

O..She did HL Chem, Math, and English. My Chem teacher told me last year that she got a 7 in Chem. And I'm pretty sure she got a 7 in math...so yea a 6 in Eng?!? I think for LSE they need her to get 776 but for UCL and KCL they wanted her to get 38 + Eng: 7.

YJP told me yesterday that you applied to Queen Mary, LSE, and Edinburgh [and an acceptance to the latter school]. Where else did you apply to in the UK?
    Who's YJP??
    the same as JP?
    Well, I only wanted to apply to QM, LSE, and Warwick...Guidence gave me another two: Edinburgh and Southampton (Never heard of Southampton before] and I got into the two Guidence gave....

ReputationRep:
    Who's YJP??
    the same as JP?
    Well, I only wanted to apply to QM, LSE, and Warwick...Guidence gave me another two: Edinburgh and Southampton (Never heard of Southampton before] and I got into the two Guidence gave....
    You applied to Warwick as well? Cool-Maybe we will have to go to Warwick together. Why'd they suggest Edinburgh?!? It's not like you are going to work in Scotland later...

Yes YJP=JP. YJ are her K intials...if you get what I mean.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.