Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it wrong to think my flatmates are inconsiderate to come barging in shouting @ 4am (outside my room for trying to get someone else to come out and join them I think ;-S), then play loud music for 2 hours straight?

They don't seem to realise people still have exams, but it would piss me off even if It wasn't the exam period... if you come in that late BE ******* QUIET.

I can't sleep and it's beginning to piss me off... :mad:

Maybe I'm just strange...? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    No, it's perfectly acceptable to be pissed off in that situation.

Next time tell them to shut up or call security.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    No, it's perfectly acceptable to be pissed off in that situation.

Next time tell them to shut up or call security.
    Fair enuff. There still here, I told em to turn the music off, but I haven't got the energy to tell them to **** off. :rolleyes: I'd like to though...

ReputationRep:
    I just shot mine when they pulled stunts like this. With a bb gun of course, but short range bb's from an automatic airsoft gun to the arse still hurts...

So basically yes, tell them to shut the hell up, offer them the option of being noisy on the moon or something. If they fail to respond, or at least apologise after the fact and then modify their behaviour (trying to explain to a bunch of drunk idiots that they should be quiet never works until the Police turn up in my experience), then do your utmost to get them evicted, kicked off their courses, get arrested for being drunk and disorderly, slap them with a noise abatement order (otherwise known as an ASBO) and so on...

ReputationRep:
    Kill their mother and attend her funeral in the same fashion they exhibited. That'll show them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Kill their mother and attend her funeral in the same fashion they exhibited. That'll show them.
    And secretly arrange for this music...

...to be played when they are carrying the coffin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)

possibly the best use of nostalgic tv prog music ever.

ReputationRep:
    There still at it... They went for 1/2 an hour and now there back... the vapours of pungent weed are still circulating through my room... :[email protected]

Thinking maybe i'll just get up and have a shower in a minute... Y'know some people actually get up at this time normally, unlike these cazy lunts. :-/

ReputationRep:
    **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off **** Off

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to my life for the past 3 and 1/2 months. I called security on one of my flatmates a couple of times (was several people in his room next to mine being noisy with music/xbox/films/talking/weed smoking), he had some sort of meeting when he returned to halls after xmas with the residence manager and think he got threatened with eviction.

I used to bang on the wall to have them shut up, which usually resulted in him yelling several choice words. He no longer appologises for it, so I get my revenge otherways Arguing with drunk people doesn't work as I found out when trying to do a lab report due that day and he was still drunk at 8am and trying to kick doors down, thus ensuring I had had around 2 hours sleep.

Still only a maximum of anther 18 weeks with the little spoilt scrotum...

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing worse than getting stoned when you're trying to do other things. I went through the same thing in first year.

ReputationRep:
    If talking to them directly doesn't work you have two possible options... calling security or waiting til he has an exam and blasting your music out then. Pick one :p:

ReputationRep:
    I would be annoyed. It happens a lot here though, so I'm kind of used to it. I don't mind on a Wed, because I'm not in til 2, but I'm in at 9am on every other day!! :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by /dev/null)
    There still at it... They went for 1/2 an hour and now there back... the vapours of pungent weed are still circulating through my room... :[email protected]

Thinking maybe i'll just get up and have a shower in a minute... Y'know some people actually get up at this time normally, unlike these cazy lunts. :-/
    You'll have to put in a formal complaint or nothing will ever happen. Talking to them probably wont work.

2 of My girlfriends flatmates were exactly the same last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    If talking to them directly doesn't work you have two possible options... calling security or waiting til he has an exam and blasting your music out then. Pick one :p:
    Having music on loud while they're trying to sleep off their hangover is always a good one :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    How about just talking to them? They might have thought you were out or something (why weren't you out with them?) or didn't realise you could here them (which is the problem in my flat as there is no hall to room soundproofing). In the end, if this is a regular thing and talking to them doesn't help ask to be moved or complain but you complaining is going to make the situation worse not better. Your a student, there's meant to be noise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)

lmao

ReputationRep:
    I feel you. Stupid flatmates playing **** music at 4 in the morning when I had a test today. I would have told them to shut the **** up but they would have ignored me. At least it doesn't happen often, I guess..
    Earplugs ftw

ReputationRep:
    Actually waterboarding might be an acceptable response. After all sleep deprivation is a form of torture, so fight fire with fire I say... CS gas might be an option as well for that matter...

ReputationRep:
    I've been through that before, not comfortable at all I would say. It's especially annoying when I've got exams to prepare for and they just kept playing music so loud at 3am @[email protected] . Eventually I had a serious talk to them and they seemed to understand.

After that we got on much better. So I would advise you to tell them straight to their face.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.