Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone have an "organic synthesis" diagram they could send me please? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm just looking for a really good organic sythesis diagram suitable for my AQA A2 chemistry specification, it would include how to get one from each compound to another, like a flow diagram, with all the reagents on and types of reaction on if possible (ie nucleophilic substitution, addition-elimination, elimination, and so on) and reagents such as H2 with Ni catalyst, H2SO4, etc... Thanks in advance, it's just that I have lost ALL of my chemistry text books and school do not have anymore available, so it's just me and my notes.

ReputationRep:
    I do (with all reagents, conditions, etc) but you should probably make your own.

You will learn much better that way.

Like I say that because I don't mind sending it but the same thing will probably be on google, no?

Meh, just PM me and i'll send it but you should probably make your own.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    There was one in my old AS revision book. But I don't have it handy. Do a google image search, it might turn up.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been on google images, can't really find a suitable one... Thank you MJ, it's just that at the moment I have so much to do with my exams next week, and I have honestly lost all my chem text books, and my notes are not really up to scratch..... I'd be really grateful if you could send me it, is it one that I could use for the AQA spec? Thanks, how would you send me it by the way?

ReputationRep:
    I have one, but it's on a computer a long way away and of no use. It was very nice too. :p:

The learning is really in making the diagram itself. If you're no good at drawing, see if you can acquire a copy of Omnigraffle (which is what I used back then, but Mac only), Inspiration or ConceptDraw.

All of them are good at making diagrams like this, but you need to supply the input.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resortini)
    Hi, I've been on google images, can't really find a suitable one... Thank you MJ, it's just that at the moment I have so much to do with my exams next week, and I have honestly lost all my chem text books, and my notes are not really up to scratch..... I'd be really grateful if you could send me it, is it one that I could use for the AQA spec? Thanks, how would you send me it by the way?
    Considering I too do AQA, i'm sure it will be suitable. :p:

You'll have to PM me your email address.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.