Turn on thread page Beta

What to get my brother for his 21st Birthday? watch

ReputationRep:
    Please remember that this is coming from a little sister so no strippers or anything else inappropriate :p:

My brother's turning 21 pretty soon, and I'm stumped on what to get him for a present. We're not amazingly close, we're very different peole with different lives, so we don't actually see eachother all that much (even though we live in the same house lol, but he's never in) but when we do see eachother we get on really well, he's a great guy and he's always been protective over me (despite always beating me up when I was younger :rolleyes: )

Anyway as I was saying, I want to get him something to show that I appreciate having him as a brother, but at the same time, we're not all that close, so nothing TOO personal. I'm trying to find the right balance.

Does anyone have any ideas? In terms of budget, I haven't decided yet, I guess whatever suits. I've got quite a bit of money saved up, but I'm also trying to save to go volunteering in the summer, and I'll be out of a job in a week D:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

ReputationRep:
    Make cookies not war. :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    A mankini and plenty of lube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Make cookies not war. :cookie:

Last time I actually made cookies, they were disastrous

(Original post by Shaikh 'n' Baikh)
    A mankini and plenty of lube
    Oh I hadn't even considered that, thanks! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by make-cookies-not-war)
    Please remember that this is coming from a little sister so no strippers or anything else inappropriate :p:

My brother's turning 21 pretty soon, and I'm stumped on what to get him for a present. We're not amazingly close, we're very different peole with different lives, so we don't actually see eachother all that much (even though we live in the same house lol, but he's never in) but when we do see eachother we get on really well, he's a great guy and he's always been protective over me (despite always beating me up when I was younger :rolleyes: )

Anyway as I was saying, I want to get him something to show that I appreciate having him as a brother, but at the same time, we're not all that close, so nothing TOO personal. I'm trying to find the right balance.

Does anyone have any ideas? In terms of budget, I haven't decided yet, I guess whatever suits. I've got quite a bit of money saved up, but I'm also trying to save to go volunteering in the summer, and I'll be out of a job in a week D:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Private Reg - about £250

xXx

ReputationRep:

Last time I actually made cookies, they were disastrous

Oh I hadn't even considered that, thanks! :p:
    I really like your name.

In terms of presents, I think if you have a small budget, some thing personal like cookies, wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I'm not sure what he likes, maybe you could tell us a few of his interests and we may be able to elaborate on ideas.

Good luck anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billie_bob1)
    Private Reg - about £250

xXx
    Good idea! Unfortunately he doesn't even know how to drive, let alone have a car. I probably wouldn't spend that much anyway, but thatnks for the suggestion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I really like your name.

In terms of presents, I think if you have a small budget, some thing personal like cookies, wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I'm not sure what he likes, maybe you could tell us a few of his interests and we may be able to elaborate on ideas.

Good luck anyway.
    Hehe thank you Like I said I'm awful at actually making cookies, but I can bake cakes and stuff so I like that idea :yep:

Well he's a typical guy of that age, like I said he's never in the house, he's always out with his friends and his girlfriend, he likes to drink...in fact I think pretty much all of his week's pay is spent on going out at the weekend lol. Other than that he likes music (drum & bass), clothes, and he's a bit of a Sonic the Hedgehog geek =]

ReputationRep:
    Hehe thank you Like I said I'm awful at actually making cookies, but I can bake cakes and stuff so I like that idea :yep:

Well he's a typical guy of that age, like I said he's never in the house, he's always out with his friends and his girlfriend, he likes to drink...in fact I think pretty much all of his week's pay is spent on going out at the weekend lol. Other than that he likes music (drum & bass), clothes, and he's a bit of a Sonic the Hedgehog geek =]
    How about a ticket to a gig for you and him or him and his girlfriend?

or

Maybe some clothes, a nice top or something.

or

Sonic game on x-box. :p:

and

A cake made just for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    How about a ticket to a gig for you and him or him and his girlfriend?

or

Maybe some clothes, a nice top or something.

or

Sonic game on x-box. :p:

and

A cake made just for him.

I don't think he's the gigging type, but good suggestion

I was thinking about maybe getting him a gift voucher for a clothes shop he likes, as I have a fear that anything I pick out would be wrong but buying an actual item is slightly more personal, although I could just give it my best shot and say that he can exchange it if he likes, then it'd still be personal but if I completely screw up it can be fixed. I like that idea lol

I think he's got every Sonic game ever created, for every console haha, he's been obsessed since childhood (we went to SegaWorld London for his tenth birthday haha) I thought about like a retro Sonic toy or something, but wouldn't know where the hell to start!

But anyway, clothes sounds good, and I will bake a cake might also get a novelty beer mug or something silly as a keepsake.

Thanks so much for your suggestions

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.