Turn on thread page Beta

Basically I applied for the 4 year G100 Mathematics course and the 5 year G101 Mathematics course.

You might be wondering why I applied to two courses in the same faculty at a Scottish university? Well it's because when I applied the 4 year course had typical entry requirements ABB, whereas the 5 year course had typical entry requirements BBB. Makes sense.

Yesterday I decided to check the G101 course requirements again but to my surprise it said ABB. So now I've gone back into a sort of depression.

Why would a 4 year course and a 5 year course have the same entry requirements, it just doesn't make sense?

Why must you keep playing games with me Glasgow?!

ReputationRep:
    The offer on UCAS is only a typical offer. The actual offers vary a bit depending on the strength of the applicant, how many places they have left etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Why would a 4 year course and a 5 year course have the same entry requirements, it just doesn't make sense?

Why must you keep playing games with me Glasgow?!
    Why wouldn't it make sense? The G100 is a BSc course and the G101 is a MSci course which is just like the BSc but with one year extra. The five year course is not easier than the four year, since you get a better degree by doing one year extra. You'll be doing the same content to start with so the level of attainment expected would naturally be the same.

What a load of crap! I set myself up, I tell myself that "I'm going to Glasgow" only to be shot right out of the sky.

Glasgow's using me as target practice.

ReputationRep:
    What a load of crap! I set myself up, I tell myself that "I'm going to Glasgow" only to be shot right out of the sky.

Glasgow's using me as target practice.
    Surely it is you that is using Glasgow as a target. Be aware that, given you are a re-applicant, they may decide to raise their normal requirements if they make you another offer.

(Original post by Good bloke)
    Surely it is you that is using Glasgow as a target. Be aware that, given you are a re-applicant, they may decide to raise their normal requirements if they make you another offer.
    Wow you're really good at motivating people Good Bloke. :facepalm2:

Maybe I should just give up and become a postman. :cry2:

ReputationRep:

or maybe because you seem really set on going to Glasgow you could just work really really hard to get those grades? :yep:

That's what i've been doing! (and probably most people)

ReputationRep:
    Wow you're really good at motivating people Good Bloke. :facepalm2:

If fear of missing the grades twice doesn't motivate you, nothing will. :toofunny:

(Original post by Popppppy)
    or maybe because you seem really set on going to Glasgow you could just work really really hard to get those grades? :yep:
    (Original post by Good Bloke)
    If fear of missing the grades twice doesn't motivate you, nothing will.
    You might find it funny but I just can't the handle pressure. Can you imagine what it feels like for me, knowing that this is my last chance? If I mess up again I know that I will forever live a life of regret.

ReputationRep:
    You might find it funny but I just can't the handle pressure. Can you imagine what it feels like for me, knowing that this is my last chance? If I mess up again I know that I will forever live a life of regret.
    If you are being serious, why don't you get off the internet and get on with the work you have been putting off? It would be far more profitable to actively do something about getting the grades than to sit around discussing it and worrying about it.

ReputationRep:
    It's not your last chance, if you don't get in you can just apply somewhere with lower grade boundaries?

(Original post by Good bloke)
    If you are being serious, why don't you get off the internet and get on with the work you have been putting off? It would be far more profitable to actively do something about getting the grades than to sit around discussing it and worrying about it.
    I've been revising almost every day since September, that's not what I'm worried about. If a bad question comes up and I panic then it's all over for me, no matter how hard I've worked.

(Original post by Popppppy)
    It's not your last chance, if you don't get in you can just apply somewhere with lower grade boundaries?
    I want to go to Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    So wait a couple of years and apply again?

Glasgow aren't singling you out for anything. They are getting more and more applicants each year and try to accommodate as many as they can.

(Original post by TheOneWho)
    So wait a couple of years and apply again?.
    You can't be serious. :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    Well what are your other options? Moaning about stuff gets nothing done.

Well what are your other options? Moaning about stuff gets nothing done.
    Waiting a couple of years isn't an option. :huff:

ReputationRep:
    Why not? If you are so set on getting in to Glasgow this year then put in the work to get the grades. What else can you do?

Why not? If you are so set on getting in to Glasgow this year then put in the work to get the grades. What else can you do?
    I am putting the work in. It's just unfair that I'm in such a poor position and I can't afford to make any mistakes in an exam.

If you could get anywhere you wanted in life just through hard work we'd be looking at a very rosy picture with butterflies fluttering above my head. But unfortunately that just isn't the case. Luck has lot to do with life and I'm a very unlucky person.

ReputationRep:
    That's hardly Glasgow's fault though. And your post didn't really explain why you need to go this year or not at all. Life is about compromises, rarely are things so black and white.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't get the grades, then you're not good enough for the course. Man up.

University open days

1. University of Glasgow
    All Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.