Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When i was around 7 years old(I'm male), two older boys persuaded me to perform sexual acts upon them, they never used physical force, but manipulated me into doing it. At the time i was at a private school and had quite a sheltered life, i really had no idea what sexual acts were, (although that many sound daft these days when a lot seven year olds do). I didn't know if what i was doing was right/wrong, i didn't even know what homosexuality was. The boys were around 11-12, and would of been educated as to what sex was a point (they went to the same school as me), so they clearly knew what was going on and what i meant. All i knew was that i felt good i guess, but i wasn't sure why. Once i grew up and had sex education lesson i started to realise what i had actually done, and it was then it started to have an impact on me. I was always sure that i was my own choice, as i hadn't been physically forced, so i assumed that it was all my fault. This upset and distressed me through my last year at primary school.

Once i got older it started to get worse, it was at secondary school when i learned all about homo-sexuality, and the stigmas attached to it. (I am not gay by the way). When i was thirteen i learned that the same boys had physically beaten and forced a girl to do the exact same thing, and that's when alarm bells started ringing, but i still believed in my case it was all my fault.

As i got older i started to think hang on, was i actually sexually abused? I genunienly had no idea what i was doing or what i meant, and i feel that i was manipulated by people who i trusted (best friends) who knew what was going on yet persuaded me to do it. (I was hesitant at first, not sure why seeing as i didn't know what i was doing). So now i'm awfully confused, was i or wasn't i?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.