Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i applied to durham at the end of september and sat the LNAT in mid-october. I am currently on a gap year doing a placement. Apart from the acknowledgement I didnt hear anything for a few months so i rang them at the start of this month. I asked why i hadn't heard anything yet and suggested that because i gave my placements reference on ucas, would it be better to provide an academic reference. The admin tutor said they would contact my college.

They have now received my academic reference and i rang the law admin tutor again this week and they said that a decision had been made but they can't tell me over the phone and the decisison would be sent via UCAS.

I presume because i have not been forwarded to a college on AES (i made an open application) and because the admin person did not tell me through the phone i have been rejected. Correct?

ReputationRep:
    I think AES would say that you'd been sent to college if you were going to receive an offer. AES is very slow to update, but i'm not sure if it's that slow.

Sounds like bad news, but try not to think about it until you know for certain.

ReputationRep:
    lol

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.