Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just wanted to know if anybody has already had an interview at liverpool john moores university for pharmacy, and any advice on the interview or aptitude test would be very helpful. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on the 9th, advice would also be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    ...Dnt worry about it....you will have an aptitude test...the "dreaded interview" n a tour...the order is dependant on what group your in.. i had mine in december..n was reli stressin ova it..(ma m8s even tuk me 2 da cinemas da nyt b4 to calm me dwn buh i wuz still shook as a polaroid picture...but i feel stupid 4 stressin ova it nw

1) Aptitude test....1 part yu have 2 ryt a for n against essay ( shows yur communications skillz n hw u get yur point across)..

other part is multiple choice....some maths questions.. (all figures r given...yu need need 2 convert n work out..)....n some scientific based questions....(all info is present..just need to think carefully cus these r realy confusing...)...Dnt stress other wise yu wnt b able 2 concentrate....however sayin that..i stressd..n i really though i did bad...buh i still got an offer..so i reli fink that they just want to see how you react to these questions...n da it doesnt really meen any thing...bring a calc n a pencil..n a pen

2) interview....this is a group interview...and it was very informal (well mines was)...i was talking normally and even included the words wiked a few times. LOL....the interviewers seem nice...n all they did was ask da usuall

Tell me bout yur self...hobbies etc
    work experience
    why pharmacy
    why liverpool
    where do you see your self in the future..(i sed community pharmacy possibly goin 2 wards hospital pharmacy aswel)
    was asked to talk bout asprin (salicylic acid etc...antiplatlet etc...)
    recent health issues (swine flu....type pj journals in google ...this is yur bible)....

i really enjoyed this interview...as it wuz very informal...n wasnt intimidating...just be your self...and act like you are really dedicated to this course...n that you are motivated....

hope that helps

now back 2 biology revision =)...

good luck yu 2

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, navi008

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about the aptitude tests, they are simply common sense tests and as long as you read the questions and the text properly you should be fine. You are given plenty of time to do it so don't rush yourself.

The group interview was as said above. It's really informal and friendly; the LJMU staff are lovely. They want to find out about you as a person and what you know about wider pharmacy issues, and also see your enthusiasm and goals for your chosen career. They won't ask you in depth pharmacy or science questions because you won't know the former, and what's the point in asking the latter when it's on your CV anyway. Just relax and be honest, the staff are generally laid back at LJMU and will know if you're licking their arses, being too friendly, or trying too hard.

In my interview we were asked to name a drug, and talk about its uses, etc. The person above seemed to be asked about Aspirin, which is very common in most pharmacy interviews. Thus, having a little know how about aspirin and another drug could be useful. But don't go into too much depth as you're likely to forget it if you're nervous.

Good luck to you both. You may see me running about in my lab coat at some point.... if you're unlucky enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pac man)
    Thanks, navi008
    No worries mate...let me know how it goes...n hopefully c yu soon...yu'll find out if yu got the offer in about 3-4 days...my offer was BBCC because i do 4 a-levelz...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks navi0008, congratulations on your offer and thank you TigerSwift as well, definitely much calmer about the whole idea of a group interview now!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.