Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I've done part of a year at university but want to change. I'm not going to complete this year so assume I have to go through UCAS as I won’t get a transfer?

    The problem is that I have :snow::snow::snow::snow: grades and I'm going to be considered as a late applicant (haven’t started UCAS yet).

    One course I'm interested in says 240 points, but I only have 160 (CC from Computing, which is what I wish to study). Also on their general requirements page it says C at GCSE English & B at Maths. I got B & C at English (one was language and one was literature) and C at Maths, so would they reject me straight away for that? I think they will, but my friend thinks they won’t if I email and see? :confused:

    My A-Level should've been BB at the very minimum (I got A in a few modules and B in a few others... it's 1 teachers modules that let everyone down with Ds and Es and even a U!) so would it be worth emailing universities saying the grades I’ve got in each module (the ones related to the degree were high) and what I had at GCSE and asking if they'd consider me as a late applicant with those grades? I'm trying to get some kind of computing experience between now and September too, so maybe that could help?

    Two days ago I decided to change course and university.
    I submitted my ucas application within 10 hours.
    It is still possible to submit it.
    Contact your university tutor urgently and tell them your situation. See if they would help....
    • Thread Starter

    I have no reference from my old school, and only my PS from last year (am I even allowed to use the bulk of that again?). I don’t mind it going late, if I don’t get anything I like I guess I’ll wait until Extra/Clearing.

    I emailed the uni department in the end, they said I wouldn’t get on with those grades but would get onto year 0, so now considering if I want to do 5 years or not.

    Getting 120 credits this year would've given me "a chance" of getting straight into 1st year, but I'd have never got 120 credits here anyway, so can't even get mysef reinstated here and do it that way

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.