Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im designing for 2012 olympic volunteers! What wud you like to wear if taking part? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm a design student and my Uni wants us to design the outfit for our volunteers at the game.

I wanna know about your views on whether or not to have some union jack elements and do you guys still hate the 2012 logo? what about the vibrant colour ways thats used in the branding such as the pink, lime and blue as seen in the promotions.

Our guys are gonna be working outdoor most of the time so I'm thinking of a short length hooded rain coat/wind breaker in airtex fabric with a bit of cycling element. It'd be great for the ones who decide to keep the outfit after the game to wear it to cycle around london. Also how about taking some detail elements from country sportswear like hunting jackets? etc.

any ideas are welcome.
    some images to get you guys thinking -

ReputationRep:
    Birthday suit.

Let's have a nude 2012! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    tux

ReputationRep:
    wud be nice, but serious guys we're talking about sportswear here

ReputationRep:
    I like the idea of the cycling jacket type thing. You've probably already thought of this but whatever coats or jumpers etc you design might want to include a high-vis element for health and safety and if you're looking for people to keep them for cycling etc then high vis is a must. Plus, it avoids people being told to puton a high vis jacket and so hide any logos you put on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Birthday suit.

Let's have a nude 2012! :woo:
    i'd so be up for that!

um i'd say ditch the logo as far as possible. it looks terrible. if it really has to be on there make it TINY!
    and as a general thing. well fitted stuff looks soo much better and more professional than baggy coats and jackets

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.