Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Driving Stress - Bus Lanes and Fog Lights! watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was wondering if anyone else is getting peed off with people driving down bus lanes during restricted hours and people that use fog lights when its not even foggy;

Bus lanes; Last night when sitting waiting in traffic for 20 mins I saw 12 other cars flying down the bus lane and pushing in at the bottom of the line even though its clearly marked no cars allowed during those hours - I don't understand these people, do they think there better than the rest of us or something? and why on earth do people let them in? surely they know its not right, since so many people (including myself) beep horns and flash lights at them :eek3:

Fog Lights; People who blatantly drive around with FOG LIGHTS on are really starting to get on my nerves, especially when they are behind you... I don't understand how they can just blatantly be driving down around blinding everyone completely unaware! - the amount of times I have flashed my lights at these people so they turn them off is beyond a joke, yet they don't seem to have a clue why your flashing at them!

Anyone else with me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielNewton)
    Well, I was wondering if anyone else is getting peed off with people driving down bus lanes during restricted hours and people that use fog lights when its not even foggy;

Bus lanes; Last night when sitting waiting in traffic for 20 mins I saw 12 other cars flying down the bus lane and pushing in at the bottom of the line even though its clearly marked no cars allowed during those hours - I don't understand these people, do they think there better than the rest of us or something? and why on earth do people let them in? surely they know its not right, since so many people (including myself) beep horns and flash lights at them :eek3:

Fog Lights; People who blatantly drive around with FOG LIGHTS on are really starting to get on my nerves, especially when they are behind you... I don't understand how they can just blatantly be driving down around blinding everyone completely unaware! - the amount of times I have flashed my lights at these people so they turn them off is beyond a joke, yet they don't seem to have a clue why your flashing at them!

Anyone else with me...
    Fool, fog lights make your car look better.

I had to drive around for a little while with mine on since one of my head lights was out. Felt like a right ****.

ReputationRep:
    Fog lights do get on my tits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _KilgoreTrout_)
    Fool, fog lights make your car look better.

I had to drive around for a little while with mine on since one of my head lights was out. Felt like a right ****.
    Is that because know one can see you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielNewton)
    Is that because know one can see you?
    Yer because otherwise I would have just had one light on, or I could have just used high beam but thought it would be better not to blind people.

People who have them on in general alongside their headlights are just fools, it doesn't blind you but still...

ReputationRep:
    Theres this dual carriageway near ours and everyone always goes in the wrong lane then cuts into the right one at the last minute to skip the queue (which is normally like 3 light changes worth) and people actually let them in! Drives me insane!

ReputationRep:
    fog lights realllllly irritate me too! :mad: lol

ReputationRep:
    Also pisses me off how few peoples' headlights are dipped properly. The number of times someone comes up behind be and I can see the shadow of my head on the roof is astounding.

ReputationRep:
    On my test I drove off with the fog lights on after putting them on for a show me tell me question :rolleyes:. The examiner had to tell me to turn them off after 5 mins.

ReputationRep:
    People get stressed far too easily driving, be chilled. Tis safer.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind the bus-lanes thing when I know there are active CCTV/ANPR cameras operating... they won't be smiling when they get the fine through their door :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    People get stressed far too easily driving, be chilled. Tis safer.
    Whilst I agree in principle, I certainly understand people being frustrated with foglights and badly adjusted lights.

I quite often get blinded (by other vehicles) at night, makes driving far less pleasurable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tofufi)
    Whilst I agree in principle, I certainly understand people being frustrated with foglights and badly adjusted lights.

I quite often get blinded (by other vehicles) at night, makes driving far less pleasurable.
    Meh its annoying but its not worth getting worked up over. Nothing you can do about it so why stress?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Annoying = idiots with full beams who tailgate me on the way home from work, even though I'm one of the faster drivers on that road. All it achieves is making me slow down to annoy them more.

ReputationRep:
    Can you not get fined for using foglights when its normal weather?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    Can you not get fined for using foglights when its normal weather?
    no, don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a serious case of road rage waiting to happen.

ReputationRep:
    does fog lights look like brake lights?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    does fog lights look like brake lights?
    Yes but brighter.

Some cars are fitted with front fog lights below the headlights. Although these are a sorry excuse for fog lights and are more likely to be driving lights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    no, don't think so.
    you can...!

http://www.cwn.org.uk/999/west-midla...fog-lights.htm

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.