Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have I completely ****ed up?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, lovely TSR .

Okay, this guy I've been on about for the past couple of weeks. We were getting on really, really well - until earlier today.
    We were texting, and I asked if he wanted to play truth *grins* cause we hadnt played in a while. He said 'he had ran out of texts and didnt have much credit on his phone', so no. I thought (as he had told me) that he had unlimited texts, so I sent back 'Is that a nice way of telling me to piss off?' and wished him good luck for his music prelims..I couldnt see him because of this. He then replied angrily, telling me if I acted like that I should just go, i shouldnt assume things - as hes had the worst week ever thus far - because of his prelims, he found a lot of them hard. I replied that i was really sorry (with some ehh /french/) as I felt terrible, and I really didnt want to upset him.

He said that I should just leave him alone.

How I just feel like all the..semi-love thats grown for him has been wasted, and I dont really know what to do. Was he being a b'tard, or was his anger induced by the stress? What should I do next? Is he worth it, everyone?

Please help.

Much, much love,
    Meg <3

EDIT; when he said just leave me alone, he said 'so see just now? leave me alone.'

ReputationRep:
    I think he was being kind of an arse to be honest. And why did he tell you he had unlimited texts and then claim he'd run out of credit? Seems fishy to me. Even if he did run out of credit, I don't see why he'd get so stressy about it.

I'd just leave it - hopefully he will man up and apologise. If he doesn't, maybe try contacting him after his music prelims and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    stress induced irritation, he'll calm down and stop being an arse eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Truth game - :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    I think he was being kind of an arse to be honest. And why did he tell you he had unlimited texts and then claim he'd run out of credit? Seems fishy to me. Even if he did run out of credit, I don't see why he'd get so stressy about it.

I'd just leave it - hopefully he will man up and apologise. If he doesn't, maybe try contacting him after his music prelims and see what happens.
    *nods* My best friend said he was being an arse..and I know what you mean about it being fishy - thats why I enquired.
    He said he'd leave the credit for emergencies.

Thank you so much for the help, Jelkin <3. Hopefully he'll realise he likes me again..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    stress induced irritation, he'll calm down and stop being an arse eventually.
    Okay, how long d'you think it'll take? XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)
    Truth game - :facepalm:
    He played it with me first. :cool:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You've only known this guy a few weeks and your acting like a paranoid, control freak. Take the hint he feels like your pressurising him, I mean 'semi-love' come on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestie)
    You've only known this guy a few weeks and your acting like a paranoid, control freak. Take the hint he feels like your pressurising him, I mean 'semi-love' come on!
    Actually, Ive known him for 6 years.
    Well, I'm sorry. n__n I cant help I'm slowly, but surely falling for someone.

ReputationRep:
    it is highly possible that he is on a tarrif that is dependant on having credit to get unlimited texts...so not that fishy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megara)
    Hey, lovely TSR .

Okay, this guy I've been on about for the past couple of weeks. We were getting on really, really well - until earlier today.
    We were texting, and I asked if he wanted to play truth *grins* cause we hadnt played in a while. He said 'he had ran out of texts and didnt have much credit on his phone', so no. I thought (as he had told me) that he had unlimited texts, so I sent back 'Is that a nice way of telling me to piss off?' and wished him good luck for his music prelims..I couldnt see him because of this. He then replied angrily, telling me if I acted like that I should just go, i shouldnt assume things - as hes had the worst week ever thus far - because of his prelims, he found a lot of them hard. I replied that i was really sorry (with some ehh /french/) as I felt terrible, and I really didnt want to upset him.

He said that I should just leave him alone.

How I just feel like all the..semi-love thats grown for him has been wasted, and I dont really know what to do. Was he being a b'tard, or was his anger induced by the stress? What should I do next? Is he worth it, everyone?

Please help.

Much, much love,
    Meg <3

EDIT; when he said just leave me alone, he said 'so see just now? leave me alone.'
    he's under alot of stress so cut him some slack, he probably doesn't mean what he said. But let him talk and apologise to you first

ReputationRep:
    If you've really known him for six years then you clearly don't have to worry about one angry, stress-induced text.

ReputationRep:
    he sounds like a bit of a douche. Even if he's stressed, there's no need for saying something like that-it's not hard to be polite and just say 'sorry i'm really busy'. Meet up with him soon and see if he apologies, if he doesn't, he's an arse.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe when he say's leave him alone you should do just that. If his stressed about something ie schoolwork/job/relation then don't Provoke him. I'm doing my exams recently and I find I'm more stressed and easily angery about little things(mainly when the same people keep asking me questions which I've answered). So yeah just leave him alone until his calm and stuff. You've not blown it.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Don't think too much into it OP. When I'm in exam period/rushed off my feet/really stressed, I'm very irritable and snappy at something that normally would be absolutely fine. Just give him some space, maybe text tomorrow asking how the exams are going - friendly, supportive but not demanding of his attention, it seems like he needs to use that in other places right now. Him snapping at you does not mean that he no longer likes you - don't be so sensitive OP, you've known him years! I know it's hard to know you've upset someone you care about, but don't get too het up about it.

All the best OP, hope it works out ok for you. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    Don't think too much into it OP. When I'm in exam period/rushed off my feet/really stressed, I'm very irritable and snappy at something that normally would be absolutely fine. Just give him some space, maybe text tomorrow asking how the exams are going - friendly, supportive but not demanding of his attention, it seems like he needs to use that in other places right now. Him snapping at you does not mean that he no longer likes you - don't be so sensitive OP, you've known him years! I know it's hard to know you've upset someone you care about, but don't get too het up about it.

All the best OP, hope it works out ok for you. x
    *nods at all that is said*
    I dont think I should text him tomorrow, cause of his credit...but yeah. Thank you sososo much for the g'luck and advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    Maybe when he say's leave him alone you should do just that. If his stressed about something ie schoolwork/job/relation then don't Provoke him. I'm doing my exams recently and I find I'm more stressed and easily angery about little things(mainly when the same people keep asking me questions which I've answered). So yeah just leave him alone until his calm and stuff. You've not blown it.:yep:
    I shall leave him be, and then see what he says after a while. If he doesnt apologise, then is he an arse? :confused:
    Thank you so much, Casshern!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    he sounds like a bit of a douche. Even if he's stressed, there's no need for saying something like that-it's not hard to be polite and just say 'sorry i'm really busy'. Meet up with him soon and see if he apologies, if he doesn't, he's an arse.
    :yep: And not worth my time or heart, right?
    Thank you, Crooked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megara)
    I shall leave him be, and then see what he says after a while. If he doesnt apologise, then is he an arse? :confused:
    Thank you so much, Casshern!:woo:
    Well if he cares about your feelings then when his calm down he should apologise to you. If he doesn't however, then his an arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)

Not really. I'm on O2 and I get unlimted texts if I top up £10, but that runs out after a month and then I use up my credit... so it is possible.

Anyway OP, just wait until after his exams then speak to him again.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.