Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    Just for your info, nobody in ER cares about extel. It is a much lesser survey to II.
    Everybody cares about things that rank them high, and nobody cares about things that rank them low. I've posted Extel as a point of info (and because I had them at hand).

But here are the Institutional Investor 2009 All-European Research (overall) rankings:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=CityMonkey]
    Besides, has anyone posting here actually even glanced at MS' 4Q announcement? Or read any analyst research on the firm? Or talked to anyone inside the firm to gauge the employee reaction? No? Hmm.[/QUOTE]

That's either a loaded question or you're not really familiar with TSR's demographic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    When did I say there was something wrong with that? Personally, from the people i know at rbs, its a real ******** there. Rather than criticising the brand, I was attacking his shameless bias towards RBS, regardless of the differentiation between roles on offer.

If you see other metrics as important such as 'culture', then rankings are pretty meaningless, just like brands.

I think you should do a 'bit more research'. I can name you many strong sector teams at MS ER, based not only on the quality of research but standing with the best fund managers. But I'm sure you know more than me, you've probably read all the research at MS, rather than sitting at a desk doing actual equity research and generating revenue.

Explain how I was being shamelessly bias toward RBS.

Yes, I am entering RBS as a graduate program analyst. I may be bias only because I probably know more about RBS than MS or HSBC. My reasoning was almost solely based on given roles (DCM, ER and AM) at respective firms and I gave my honest opinion and suggested that RBS DCM may be a better choice than MS ER or HSBC AM.

ReputationRep:
    I had a dinner wiz a very senior MD in the RBS DCM several wks ago. He told me that most of the good DCM bankers have left and the others are looking for further options. RBS DCM used to be a powerhouse but it is not anymore.

It would still be a nice place to work but provided that you have MS ER offer and that you don't hv a strong passion for DCM then just go to MS. At the end of the day, it is always easier to jump from MS to RBS than from RBS to MS.

In fact I did my summer internship at RBS DCM and I was enjoying it though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iownworld)
    I had a dinner wiz a very senior MD in the RBS DCM several wks ago. He told me that most of the good DCM bankers have left and the others are looking for further options. RBS DCM used to be a powerhouse but it is not anymore.

It would still be a nice place to work but provided that you have MS ER offer and that you don't hv a strong passion for DCM then just go to MS. At the end of the day, it is always easier to jump from MS to RBS than from RBS to MS.

In fact I did my summer internship at RBS DCM and I was enjoying it though...
    Which summer was this?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.