Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to five universities and have received an offer from University of Leicester of ABB for Economics BA. Course L100.
    This is a mistake! I had meant to apply for Economics Bsc Course L102 :shock:
    I don't know what to do!!
    How can I change the course from BA to Bsc??
    p.s. the error was mine. :erm:
    [I usually wouldn't mind, only I want to do a postgraduate Masters in Economics, and Bsc is the better option for it.]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakina101)
    I've applied to five universities and have received an offer from University of Leicester of ABB for Economics BA. Course L100.
    [I usually wouldn't mind, only I want to do a postgraduate Masters in Economics, and Bsc is the better option for it.]
    Call up UCAS and ask them to change it for you. easy :3

ReputationRep:
    Email/ phone the university and ask them, it should then be updated on ucas. Dont worry!

ReputationRep:
    UCAS can't do it - you would need to call the uni and ask if you can transfer your offer.

ReputationRep:
    Either phone up UCAS or phone Leicester and see if they'll let you switch course.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt ring UCAS up just yet. Ring Leicester up and explain. It shouldnt be a problem providing they are the same entry requirements (which might be doubtful since its a BA to BSc but still check). They should accept it and then i suppose they contact UCAS or you do, but Leicester will tell you what to do

ReputationRep:
    Either contacting UCAS or the University (which is even better) will sort it out...
    Its not a problem, people do make mistakes occassionally!!!

ReputationRep:
    i dont think UCAS can change it now that the university has already given you an offer, i belive there is something like a week or two after you send your form to contact UCAS to make changes, after that you have to contact the university,think though, could be wrong. At any rate just contact the university its an easy enough mistake to do, and if they have given you an offer already i am sure they wont mind switching your course

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! So I should phone the university up and explain?

ReputationRep:
    phone/email Leicester and let them know that you made a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwhy)
    phone/email Leicester and let them know that you made a mistake.
    Although I think it'd sound better to not use the word mistake and just ask if you can change. ^^

ReputationRep:
    When i went to the Liecester open day, their admissions tutor told me face-to-face that if you get an offer to study any course in the Economics department you can always change it. So don't sweat it.

ReputationRep:
    sorry about ur mixup bbz,..
    but i wanted to find out is anyone's applying to leicester for PSYCHOLOGY AND /WITH SOCIOLOGY and their offers if any?..
    quote me and i''ll reply..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Although I think it'd sound better to not use the word mistake and just ask if you can change. ^^
    Not a big deal either way. I just thought that if the op just asked to change it might appear if she was being tactical: "getting into the low grade course and then see if you can upgrade".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpatel10)
    When i went to the Leicester open day, their admissions tutor told me face-to-face that if you get an offer to study any course in the Economics department you can always change it. So don't sweat it.
    Thank-you! Hey it looks like we might end up on the same course if we both go!:yep:
    Have you decided on your firm/insurance yet?

ReputationRep:
    Thank-you! Hey it looks like we might end up on the same course if we both go!:yep:
    Have you decided on your firm/insurance yet?
    still waiting for Birmingham to get back to me and if so then Leicester will be insured. But if i don't get an offer from Birmingham, Leicester said i could change to Mathematics with Econ which would be my firm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpatel10)
    still waiting for Birmingham to get back to me and if so then Leicester will be insured. But if i don't get an offer from Birmingham, Leicester said i could change to Mathematics with Econ which would be my firm
    I see. Good luck! I'm still waiting for three of my five choices:sad:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.