This discussion is closed.
bumblebee86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
i dont think bigger boned is quite the right term

my mom says im big boned because for a girl......i have huge shoulders (bigger than me older brothers)
Well you mentioned that you're a swimmer so there's no way you can be fat.. u're just well toned i guess..male swimmers have huge pecs withouth the need for free weights..female swimmers are nicely toned.. sexay..
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
It inhibits it - stops it working. ADH is a hormone that - I'll try not to be too technical just in case (don't know what you study!) - opens water channels in your kidney so the water can go back into your blood. When you drink alcohol it stops the ADH from working so you lose all that water in your urine instead of reabsorbing some. This makes you dehydrated, which causes the symptoms of a hangover. Which is why you should always drink lots of water when you've had an alcoholic evening, to try to combat the dehydration!

I was told by a biology professor that drinking water has very little effect in this situation because you will pee it straight back out.
bumblebee86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
arrggh..i keep looking at old posts and replying to them..darn.. then i realise i'm like a day behind
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
As i said the doctor has asked my friend who is a 16 to lose weight for her health and has given her a diet sheet. Ok my friend is shorter but Michelle is twice the size of her and the doctor said my friend is obese.
You can use this site to check out your BMI
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/yourweight/bmi.shtml
I get a score of 17.5 so I'm ok.
TIGTIG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
As i said the doctor has asked my friend who is a 16 to lose weight for her health and has given her a diet sheet. Ok my friend is shorter but Michelle is twice the size of her and the doctor said my friend is obese.
You can use this site to check out your BMI
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/yourweight/bmi.shtml
her doctor is terible a discrace she must be really small iam 5'3 need to be 8,9 stone and iam 9,7-10 stone a size 12/14
MY DOCTOR SAYS IAM NORMAL EVEN THOUGH IAM A STONE AND HALF OVER IAM NOT OVER WEIGHT IAM AVERAGE **** BEING PERFECT
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ralfskini)
I was told by a biology professor that drinking water has very little effect in this situation because you will pee it straight back out.

I dunno... I mean yeah, straight away you would but the alcohol must wear off... Still I guess a biology professor would know what he was talking about! I always tend to drink water though because I feel so parched, and I've not had a hangover yet. Might be linked, maybe not. But the point about ADH inhibition is true cos we did it in physiology a few weeks ago
bumblebee86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TIGTIG)
her doctor is terible a discrace she must be really small iam 5'3 need to be 8,9 stone and iam 9,7-10 stone a size 12/14
MY DOCTOR SAYS IAM NORMAL EVEN THOUGH IAM A STONE AND HALF OVER IAM NOT OVER WEIGHT IAM AVERAGE **** BEING PERFECT
If you're a stone and a half over then you're fat..looking at your height and your weight..you're not..
curryADD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by theone
You've heard of American idol? Yeah well our version that you stole off us
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we dont care you stole big brother you stole our language and tried to improve it your countrie is steeling iraqs oil
no its not and i suggest you to get your facts right.....americans did not steal YOUR language, in fact we stole germanic grammer a wacked french vocabulary, slang terms from hawaii, and the newer elements of our language come from wut is fondly known as tex mex.

and we aren't stealing any oil
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think she is about 2 stone overweight. I think it also depends on how old you are doctors think you are more likely to have weight fluctuations mid teens than mid twenties. I think her doctor is right to get her to lose the weight she is not happy being the weight that she is and cant lose it by herself.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jndikum)
Well you mentioned that you're a swimmer so there's no way you can be fat.. u're just well toned i guess..male swimmers have huge pecs withouth the need for free weights..female swimmers are nicely toned.. sexay..
thats rite baby
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dunno... I mean yeah, straight away you would but the alcohol must wear off... Still I guess a biology professor would know what he was talking about! I always tend to drink water though because I feel so parched, and I've not had a hangover yet. Might be linked, maybe not. But the point about ADH inhibition is true cos we did it in physiology a few weeks ago
Yeh I learnt about it, too. A hangover is the worst thing that you can experience.
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeh I learnt about it, too. A hangover is the worst thing that you can experience.

I'll take your word for that!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'll take your word for that!
me 2
TIGTIG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It inhibits it - stops it working. ADH is a hormone that - I'll try not to be too technical just in case (don't know what you study!) - opens water channels in your kidney so the water can go back into your blood. When you drink alcohol it stops the ADH from working so you lose all that water in your urine instead of reabsorbing some. This makes you dehydrated, which causes the symptoms of a hangover. Which is why you should always drink lots of water when you've had an alcoholic evening, to try to combat the dehydration!
i know what adh is dont insult me im doing as levs not a degree be appart from losing water what about the hydrogen in water absorbed
does this not invoke also more condensation reactions to occur therfore causing water retention days after being pissed.
just wondering
bumblebee86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
no its not and i suggest you to get your facts right.....americans did not steal YOUR language, in fact we stole germanic grammer a wacked french vocabulary, slang terms from hawaii, and the newer elements of our language come from wut is fondly known as tex mex.

and we aren't stealing any oil
Hey..what made you wanna come onto a UK learning forum..u planning to study here or something? Hey, I gotta admire the american patriotismm..lol..i hear in the states you sing the national anthem before lessons in elementary school and like so many americans cry to it..man..
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Fat people float better than thin people and so make great swimmers.
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i know what adh is dont insult me im doing as levs not a degree be appart from losing water what about the hydrogen in water absorbed
does this not invoke also more condensation reactions to occur therfore causing water retention days after being pissed.
just wondering

I wasn't trying to insult you, actually, I was trying to help.
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
just wondering
?
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey..what made you wanna come onto a UK learning forum..u planning to study here or something? Hey, I gotta admire the american patriotismm..lol..i hear in the states you sing the national anthem before lessons in elementary school and like so many americans cry to it..man..
we dont cry, and we dont sing before school......we say the pledge of alligence.....we only play the national anthem during sports games....

i dont kno if i want to study in the uk or not....

im from texas, and i dont know if i could handle the weather
bumblebee86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fat people float better than thin people and so make great swimmers.
Harsh..besides..I never see any fat olympic swimmers...point proven.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (46)
8.21%
Confident (73)
13.04%
Indifferent (77)
13.75%
Unsure (147)
26.25%
Worried (217)
38.75%

Watched Threads