Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    I know- it's the yellow creamy milk stuff which is only released for a few days after birth.

Was hoping nobody picked me up on that one.

ewwww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    Ah but thats only in pregnant women. And only just before they give birth
    J
    I hear that in Oxbridge the secret to your success is the use of the Socratic Method of teaching..where the student asks questions and knowledge is brought out from within the student.. you know when you have your weekly chat with ur subject professor.. I shadowed a Cauis Medic..you might know him..Darshan brahunbatt (not sure if the last name is spelt right)..Cambridge is an awesome place..so homy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    i dont use it as an excuse i have it ive improved loads it still affects the reading though so its still there but im not bothered what has iq got to do with dyslexia mine is quite high i answer questions slow however i take a long time to process things in my head thats all

Tell me that dyslexia isn't the root cause of your non-existent punctuation. I can't always understand your posts.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me that dyslexia isn't the root cause of your non-existent punctuation. I can't always understand your posts.
    dont feel bad....

ReputationRep:
    I know- it's the yellow creamy milk stuff which is only released for a few days after birth.

Was hoping nobody picked me up on that one.
    No fear, nobody is perfect yet.

(Original post by viviki)
    well if you are lucky it wont be endometriosis. It isnt often genetic but you wont know for sure until you have a laparoscopy. I used to have awful periods and pain in between from when I was 10 to 21 I also used to put on a lot of weight in the course of the month and they thought it was endometriosis. Luckily it isnt and after being on about 4 different types of pill which I cant take because it gives me thrombosis I have suddenley grown out of it (fingers crossed) my periods are now about 9 days long instead of 14 I dont have bleeds in between periods as much and my weight only fluctuates by about 3lb which is ok I guess it is also a lot less painful now. I'm surprised they havent at least given you a smear test I had to have one when i was about 16 just as a precaution.

(sorry guys bet you didnt really want to know all that.)
    I'm sure ill hear similar and worse stories when i start my clinicals.
    They give smear tests to 20 year olds as a matter of course now, all my lady friends have been called up. I think end of this year i might go get a swab just to check myself, tho i don't like the idea, you can get all sorts of diseases from inane activities.
    Like towels even!
    J

ReputationRep:
    dunno, it was the only mathsy person i could think of. I wouldnt be surprised.
    Tell you what, hes a real barstad on that wheelchair thing of his. zooms round like a good un
    J

HAHA!

ReputationRep:
    They give smear tests to 20 year olds as a matter of course now, all my lady friends have been called up. I think end of this year i might go get a swab just to check myself, tho i don't like the idea, you can get all sorts of diseases from inane activities.
    Like towels even!
    J
    foolfarion

are you a GIRL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jndikum)
    How do you know you had it since you were 9 then. You're making up crap for sympathy..your stories don't fit together.. we all have problems you know..
    i have always had these symptoms but doctors just said from the age of 9-14 oh it takes time to regulate it will get better its only when i nearly killed my mum with the bad pms and serviour pain that goes with it that they started to listen to me at 15 they put me on tranemasticacid and the pill so its improved now after 9 years of hell.

ARE YOU A GUY

(Original post by jndikum)
    I hear that in Oxbridge the secret to your success is the use of the Socratic Method of teaching..where the student asks questions and knowledge is brought out from within the student.. you know when you have your weekly chat with ur subject professor.. I shadowed a Cauis Medic..you might know him..Darshan brahunbatt (not sure if the last name is spelt right)..Cambridge is an awesome place..so homy.
    Everyone knows Darshan he's a very loud guy lol, president of rag infact this year (im in his year and am matey with him and some of his friends)
    I dont know anything about socratic teaching, but yeh, its basically a case of you work through your load, and you ask any questions to a professor for an hour a week in each subject area. he'll also test you. its a good way of getting some in depth knowledge, and also makes it a bit less harsh going from spoon fed school to finger buffet university
    J

ReputationRep:
    Like towels even!
    J
    Wow so you are a medic then..kewl! (bow) So do you know Darshan then..I know Cambridge is huge but like so many medics from different colleges knew him..he was always collecting money for charity and the meningitis research society.. I stayed at Gonville and Caius college..real nice college but Steven Hawkings wasn't there when I was there..darn..woulda liked to have seen the guy..!

ReputationRep:
    i have always had these symptoms but doctors just said from the age of 9-14 oh it takes time to regulate it will get better its only when i nearly killed my mum with the bad pms and serviour pain that goes with it that they started to listen to me at 15 they put me on tranemasticacid and the pill so its improved now after 9 years of hell.

ARE YOU A GUY
    no i am not......if you would look at my profile you would have oyur answer wouldnt you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    well if you are lucky it wont be endometriosis. It isnt often genetic but you wont know for sure until you have a laparoscopy. I used to have awful periods and pain in between from when I was 10 to 21 I also used to put on a lot of weight in the course of the month and they thought it was endometriosis. Luckily it isnt and after being on about 4 different types of pill which I cant take because it gives me thrombosis I have suddenley grown out of it (fingers crossed) my periods are now about 9 days long instead of 14+ I dont have bleeds in between periods as much and my weight only fluctuates by about 3lb which is ok I guess it is also a lot less painful now. They are still not regular though I'm surprised they havent at least given you a smear test I had to have one when i was about 16 just as a precaution.

(sorry guys bet you didnt really want to know all that.)
    SORRY I HAD A SMEAR HA NEVER AGAIN I HOPE

(Original post by curryADD)
    foolfarion

are you a GIRL?
    Nope, guys can get checked too, for STDs and cancers. It does require a swab just inside the japs eye though...
    hence why im putting it off as long as possible
    J

ReputationRep:
    no i am not......if you would look at my profile you would have oyur answer wouldnt you?
    I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU

ReputationRep:
    Nope, guys can get checked too, for STDs and cancers. It does require a swab just inside the japs eye though...
    J

Out of interest, what is the official name for the japs? It is something I have always wanted to know. Do the doctors just call it the japs eye or is it taboo to refer to it?

p.s. if they built the japanese equivalent of the London eye would it be called the.........

........never mind

ReputationRep:
    J
    ahhh i see you said you were heading in like your female friends and i was like wut?
    '

ReputationRep:
    I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU
    did you specify that at the time? no. you did not.

ReputationRep:
    WHAT?

ReputationRep:
    curry got a point there.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.