The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I am very disappointed in all those who referred to Michelle's appearance. You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves for being so shallow and so cruel :mad:
Reply 41
yawn1
I am very disappointed in all those who referred to Michelle's appearance. You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves for being so shallow and so cruel :mad:

I dont know why your getting so worked up in the end its worked in her favour love.
If she wasnt big she wouldnt have won
Reply 42
SparklLZz
ur not being fair. lets put her wait aside, and think about her voice, which is abolsoutely beautiful. shes got a rlly nice soothing voice and u jus wanna listen to it, she sings evry song beautifully and isnt jus gud at the RnB.

well dun to michelle. even tho i was hopin sam wud win

But she doesn't have a very good voice - as viviki said its nasal and doesn't have any real power behind it. She doesn't have a very big range either, so she is very restricted to what she can sing (her MAriah Carey last week was rubbish cos she doesn't have the vocal range for even half of it). I think the other larger girl - Kim - had a better voice. And Roxanne was very good too (though very young). I still maintain Sam should have won, or Chris as he had a very very good voice (though it wasn't very 'pop').
Reply 43
yawn1

your right im ashamed --------- for her
with weight like that you would hide
but she cant because no place is big enough
yawn1

Awww come on it's just a little bit of fun! The whole show is shallow and cruel. They put themselves up for ridicule and humiliation the minute they step up in front of Simon Cowell (the bastard).
Reply 45
eric bischoff

Would you be making these personal comments about her if she were disabled, black, asian, gay, tall, short, had freckles or was blind. No I don't think you would so why is it alright to refer to her size?
Incidentally, I'm not picking on you in particular because I wouldn't be unkind enough to do that - it's just that your's is the last post to reply to mine.
And I didn't snigger at your poor attempt of a joke as it wasn't funny :tongue:
Reply 46
eric bischoff

I don't get why you seem to think your comments are so funny...
Reply 47
I wouldnt comment on the weight of the person on the street, but in pop it is part of the package and so appearence has to be mentioned. Name me one modern woman who is big in pop who is over a size 16.
I'm not saying she shouldnt succeed in music, but pop idol isnt just a talent competition the whole point of it well last series at least, is to find someone who will succeed in the pop industry. I honestly cant see her having a decent career, her voice is limited in range she doesnt sing pop well (IMHO anyway) and she doesnt have the appearence to swing it her way either.
People who buy singles are normally teenagers who usually will purchase records if someone is either absolutely amazing, or pretty sexy. Sexy in the pop industry equates to skinny. How many 15 year old boys fancy large mid 20 year olds and have them as pin ups. i bet a lot less than fancy Kylie!
Maybe she will be alright with this single but I cant see her realistically having a successful pop career. Most people do judge by appearence that is a fact of life so I really dont think that mentioning her weight is either offensive or unacceptable. She knew her weight would be commented on when she put herself up for this. In my opinion she isnt a good enough singer to gain an audience that she will have lost because of her appearence, maybe that is harsh, but the pop industry and society are harsh!
Reply 48
Chicken
I don't get why you seem to think your comments are so funny...

I think it's a symptom of the 'pack' mentality. I admire individuality in people who do not follow the rest but stand aside and dare to be different - so well done Chicken for your courage to speak out :smile:
Reply 49
yawn1

sorry
sorry

suck up.
Reply 51
sorry

I'm so pleased for you that you can apologise for something that is inherently wrong. That's a mark of maturity :biggrin:
Reply 52
yawn1
I think it's a symptom of the 'pack' mentality. I admire individuality in people who do not follow the rest but stand aside and dare to be different - so well done Chicken for your courage to speak out :smile:

Thankyou.

However I still don't think Michelle had the voice or the personality of Will Young - he's not the best looking bloke in the world ever, and he's gay, but I think its his personality and voice that have kept him going nearly 2 years later. I doubt somehow she will be around that long.

My posts were not 'sticking up for her' - I just don't think its right that immature 13 year olds can make silly and pathetic jokes like that - its not as if shes the only overweight person in the world is it? They just weren't funny.
Reply 53
ickle_katy
suck up.

i was truely sorry. unlike some people :rolleyes:
i was truely sorry. unlike some people :rolleyes:

thats because im not sorry.

i belive she wan because shes fat.

love Katy ***
Reply 55
ickle_katy

love Katy ***

so do I, but Im still feel guilty about it
Reply 56
Chicken
Thankyou.

However I still don't think Michelle had the voice or the personality of Will Young - he's not the best looking bloke in the world ever, and he's gay, but I think its his personality and voice that have kept him going nearly 2 years later. I doubt somehow she will be around that long.

My posts were not 'sticking up for her' - I just don't think its right that immature 13 year olds can make silly and pathetic jokes like that - its not as if shes the only overweight person in the world is it? They just weren't funny.

excuse me will is amazing and everything but one thing he is not is gay- publicity have you not heard my conspiracy theory
Reply 57
ickle_katy

love Katy ***

Yes but you weren't making pathetic immature jokes about it!
Well maybe if people stop saying "fat". Large perhaps? And I suppose she is one of the nicer looking large ladies I've seen - I mean it's not like she's horrendously arse like in appearance.

I still think that had she not won though, the weight thing would of come into it anyway as people cry "she didn't win cos she's fat! i mean large! i mean whatever!"
Reply 59
Reality tv contestants are all losers

Latest

Trending

Trending