Turn on thread page Beta

To chichester or to southampton solent?? Help.... watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey so im stuck deciding between 2 uni's.....Chichester and Southampton solent!

I've heard bad stuff bout both and a few good things but any info on either uni's would be awesome please!!!!:woo: :confused: :o:

Thanks
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    What course do you want to do? Any stuff you wish to know? I go to Solent so can help with that uni.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about the uni (other than it's good for creative writing apparently), but Chichester is a beautiful place and very nice to live in. :love:

Not that I'm biased or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clo-clo1)
    What course do you want to do? Any stuff you wish to know? I go to Solent so can help with that uni.
    Umm im gna do Marketing and events management.....
    So is the uni ok n stuff??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrancesO)
    I don't know much about the uni (other than it's good for creative writing apparently), but Chichester is a beautiful place and very nice to live in. :love:

Not that I'm biased or anything.
    Bet ur not :P
    yeah i heard its beautiful buh tht the city itself is borin? Is tht true...havent gotten round to visitin yet, gna do it nxt month

ReputationRep:
    Southampton's a really good town for students :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miz-Cletty)
    Bet ur not :P
    yeah i heard its beautiful buh tht the city itself is borin? Is tht true...havent gotten round to visitin yet, gna do it nxt month
    Depends what you expect, really. The only club is a crappy little place about a mile out of town, but if you're like me and prefer pubs anyway there are some really nice ones around. And Brighton/Portsmouth are both in easy distance, plus London.

ReputationRep:
    Solent? hahaha.

I live there and from what I've heard its the worst of the worst

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I don't know anything about that course. The uni is good, lack of organisation would be it's downfall but other than that it's okay. It's often put down, as you probably know. Good, friendly staff all of which on my course are very easy to talk to etc. The uni is in a good location, if you want a town based uni obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Chichester has very little night life from what I've seen, whereas Solent looks okay.

Coincidently, I live in Brighton, and am applying for both of those Universities also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyC)
    Chichester has very little night life from what I've seen, whereas Solent looks okay.

Coincidently, I live in Brighton, and am applying for both of those Universities also.
    Chichester as a uni has much more of a nightlife than people think it does. And the local area's much nicer to be actually be out in than Southampton.

The uni's a million times better than Solent too. Fantastic teaching, resources, campus and student support. I'd be interested to know what bad stuff the OP has heard about Chichester, bar being quite a small, homely uni with not the massive amount of nightlife which people expect as a given for a university (which just isn't true and needed). What you will find with Chichester though given it's not the biggest clubbing and drinking place in the world is that the students are actually there to study, not party (an unusual attitude found amongst first year uni students )

ReputationRep:
    im making the same descision! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miz-Cletty)
    Hey so im stuck deciding between 2 uni's.....Chichester and Southampton solent!

I've heard bad stuff bout both and a few good things but any info on either uni's would be awesome please!!!!:woo: :confused: :o:

Thanks
    xxx

PICK SOLENT. i'm going there in september for a BA Hons in Film!
    Its an amazing place to live!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.