Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know the requirements are ABB but i was predicted BBB and i still got a ABB offer....:confused:
    I am happy with this but found it really strange, how low do you think Surrey will accept students with their results? Will they accept people who in August got BBC...?

ReputationRep:
    One grade below, perhaps, but you're really edging on clearing with 2 grades below, as with every offer.

ReputationRep:
    They'll let you in, unless for some reason or another the course is more full than usual this year.

ReputationRep:
    Applications are up 12%, this is despite upping the entry requirements on almost all courses.

Physical Sciences have been known to let people with lesser grades in before. But as competition is increasing, it is no longer a matter of certainty.

You will unlikely be able to beat people with higher grades than your own, however it is doubtful everyone who applies will accept as a firm, and fulfill their offers. So, you should concentrate on adding anything 'extra' that might make you a better candidate than John Smith with BBC.

Did you attend the Open day interview? Got a strong interest in Computing? Some software development to show? Do they know any of this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leenick)
    Applications are up 12%, this is despite upping the entry requirements on almost all courses.

Physical Sciences have been known to let people with lesser grades in before. But as competition is increasing, it is no longer a matter of certainty.

You will unlikely be able to beat people with higher grades than your own, however it is doubtful everyone who applies will accept as a firm, and fulfill their offers. So, you should concentrate on adding anything 'extra' that might make you a better candidate than John Smith with BBC.

Did you attend the Open day interview? Got a strong interest in Computing? Some software development to show? Do they know any of this?
    I have been invited to attend an 'open day' at surrey on the 17th of this month. It is a departmental tour, where i can ask questions and they ask me questions aswel.
    Someone on this forum had this aswel, and the day after he had an offer.
    I am predicted BBB, but their offers are usually ABB :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. They will lower your grades if they;
    -Suspect you may not reach them
    -Want you to accept the place - thereby making their offer more competitive

Either way, good for you

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Surrey
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of Surrey
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.