Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Trying to restyle my hair. I want a side parting, but eveytime I change my parting it doesn't lie properly, looks messy, and the hair just doesn't seem to WANT to go there. I know this is expected because I've hade a centre parting for about 18 years now, but does this mean I can never have a side parting? This is the haircut I want-

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_H0iqHTCqRy...ole_richie.jpg

If I get it cut like this will it just stay side parted?

Also, will a side fringe just get in my eyes all the time? Because I'd find that really irritating.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just tell the hairdresser you want it like that, they'll sort it for you. You'll get used to the new parting in a few days. And no, it shouldn't get in your eyes, but if you're really fussy about that, then you'll have to get your fringe trimmed more often than normal.

ReputationRep:
    Once you've washed and dried it a few times and foced it into a side parting it should lie fine. You might find it's a bit tricky now because you've got a hair cut for a middle parting - the layers will need to be sorted out if you want a side parting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.