Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Younger sister, she's 10.

She uses me to take her shopping and buy her things. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    ?
    ive got a older sister whos just the best, shes 12 years older than me and so cool, remember that topic i did about wearing a newcastle top to her 40th party, she said i can! i said i dont want to ruin her night and she said the only thing that would ruin her night is me not being there, shes the best
    wait, you're sister is 40 and you're 12 years younger so you're 28???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curlbe)
    wait, you're sister is 40 and you're 12 years younger so you're 28???

yes

problem?

ReputationRep:
    I have a younger sister who's 2 years younger than me, and a younger brother who's 7 years younger. They both get along very well with eachother - and I get along with them, provided the other's not there. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Only child, well I might have a half brother a few years older than me somewhere, we're not too sure.

ReputationRep:
    I've got two younger brothers, one 12 and one 8 - I'm 19. They're pretty awesome kids, and we do get along very well, but since there's such a big age difference between us we're not terribly "close" - as in, we don't exactly confide in each other, but I care about both a lot and am very protective of them. It's a bit weird now I've moved out, as I don't see them as much as I used to, but when I do we always have a great time. The 12-year-old has just started playing video games too, which actually means we have more in common than we used to, since I was never able to relate much when he was all obsessed with sports. xD Playstation, I can relate to.

As for anecdotes - except for running jokes about how all cows are really pink flying cows and that winds from sahara are dangerous because lions come flying in on them, not much. :P

Oh, and it's also quite funny because I have "brown-tinted" (think hispanic) skin, black hair and otherwise dark features, while my brothers are both blonde with blue eyes. xD We have different fathers, though, so there's a logical explanation.

ReputationRep:
    I have a brother but we don't get on very well at all. He spends most of his time in the cellar playing various games on his computer, though he comes up now and then to eat and bother me. He is one of the reasons to why I can't wait to go to uni in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Im an only child

ReputationRep:
    I have three. Two brothers aged 15 and 5, and a sister aged 13.

I wish I saw more of them, to be honest. We lost contact for a long while, and though I got back in touch with my sister and was able to visit them for a day just before Christmas, I don't talk to either of my brothers, and only chat to my sister occasionally online.

I'm very close to my youngest brother, though, all the same. We've always been incredibly close, and that didn't seem to have changed when I saw him last, thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    Two older sisters, one is 25 and lives in London and one is 22 and moved to New York for drama school last year. Very close to the younger one.

ReputationRep:
    My brother, who is nearly five years older than me and considerably heavier (think teenager who will eventually grow to be a sturdy six foot) used to pick me up, throw me on the sofa and then slam dunk onto me. Do not underestimate how hard it was to breathe in those situations.

But it's all good, because then I learnt how to get him into the foetal position so he stopped bothering me .
    Ironically, we're closer now we no longer live in the same house.

ReputationRep:
    hvbj nk;'m

ReputationRep:
    I have a brother who is 8 years older than me and a sister who is 2 and a half years older. Me and my sister are very close, but me and my brother aren't as close as we once were because of his girlfriend

I also have an unborn twin who I still technically count as a 'sibling', even though they died about 6 weeks before I was born...

One younger sister. There was a time when I wished she didn't exist but I've grown close to her over the past year.

ReputationRep:
    I have 9 brothers/step brothers and one step sister.
    When I was little I was very close to all of them and got on with them all, 3 in particular. Now I'm still very close with 3 of them, still see and get on with 8 of them, don't really ever see the other 2 except at Christmas. Their ages go from 19-36(I think) and I'm 21.

I loved growing up with so many and until I realised that parenthood takes time and money I was sure I'd have loads of kids so that mine could have the same sort of childhood as me. It was great having much older siblings as well, I don't think I'd be the same person without them!

all that said, our house did get manic at times, and 2 of my step brothers were in a constant battle with each other which nearly resulted in a death. tiring stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I have an older brother, I don't get on with it but then again, i'm not very close to the rest of my family either. He is 5 years older, which potentially had an influence but even if we were under a close age gap I expect we would still be "far apart".

ReputationRep:
    I like to confuse people with this- I am an only child, and the youngest of six! I have two half sisters and three step-brothers, but all much older than me, so I didn't grow up with any of them.

ReputationRep:
    i have two younger brothers who are twins.. theyr jus younger by 2 years.. theyr alright lol

ReputationRep:
    I have a younger brother, three older sisters (two are twins) and an older brother.

I love them to pieces, yeah. The sister that's closest in age to me (year and a half older) can be a bit difficult, but it's only because she cares so much and i'm **** at contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    how many do you have? do you get on well with them? do you ever wish you had more/less of them?

i used to always wish i had a older brother, someone who would look after me and protect me, ive got a older sister whos just the best, shes 12 years older than me and so cool, remember that topic i did about wearing a newcastle top to her 40th party, she said i can! i said i dont want to ruin her night and she said the only thing that would ruin her night is me not being there, shes the best

i remember once some lass whos gran used to live on out street head butted me so my sister went and gave her hell ^_^

weve only ever had one argument and that was when i used her expensive perfume because i wanted my, my little ponies and barbies to smell nice :lol:

the bfs siblings on the other hand are ***** :-|

so yeah any nice/funny stories about your siblings?
    1 older brother, 1 older sister - get on really well with my sister with some of the usual bickering when one or both of us are in a mood. While me and my brother have a pure hate relationship with some truces (hes not the older protective ideal like you describe) as hes aggressive, violent, paranoid and doesnt believe in some of the fundamental facts of the world.

I think one more sibling would have been fun, we would have had an older sister but it didnt work out, as long as it wasnt a brother cos the boys in my family tend to all be idiots.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.