Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have three younger brothers who I used to find extremely annoying when we were growing up, particularly the eldest one, I can clearly remember laying in bed and wishing death on him as we used to argue so much. We literally couldn't even be in the same room together because we hated each other that much. Ever since I moved out, our relationship has improved so much and we now get on really well. I don't know why we hated each other so much when we were younger but now we couldn't get on any better
    I've always got on really well with my middle brother as he's a very quiet and sometimes shy person who would never hurt anybody.
    My youngest brother and I used to get on really well but as he's gotten older (he's now 18) I really don't like the person he has become. He does nothing but smoke weed every day and he can be really nasty towards my mum when he doesn't get his own way and he has no respect for her or her house rules. It's hard seeing him behave this way because he really did used to be such a sweet kid.

ReputationRep:
    1 big sister and we don't get along, at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    I have an older brother by two years (21 in August). He has autism, so it's a different kettle of fish from the average sibling relationship. We are and always have been extremely close though, and he's even my inspiration for my career choice.
    my younger brother (16) has autism and it really is a different kettle of fish! We get on well in general but you know as well as I do about certain....outbursts

Have and older sister (21) and a younger sister (17) as well. I think i get on well with all of them. although myself and my younger sister are definitely the closest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    how many do you have? do you get on well with them? do you ever wish you had more/less of them?

i used to always wish i had a older brother, someone who would look after me and protect me, ive got a older sister whos just the best, shes 12 years older than me and so cool, remember that topic i did about wearing a newcastle top to her 40th party, she said i can! i said i dont want to ruin her night and she said the only thing that would ruin her night is me not being there, shes the best

i remember once some lass whos gran used to live on out street head butted me so my sister went and gave her hell ^_^

weve only ever had one argument and that was when i used her expensive perfume because i wanted my, my little ponies and barbies to smell nice :lol:

the bfs siblings on the other hand are ***** :-|

so yeah any nice/funny stories about your siblings?
    I have a younger Sister who's 5 years my junior.

She's my best friend and the best Sister in the world. She can be so wise and intelligent but we can also have loads of fun messing around. We're like chalk and cheese but exactly the same (if that makes any sense!?). I don't have to always see her or speak to her but I know she's always there and when I'm away, I miss her like crazy but when we're back together it's like we've never been apart. She's the one person I trust more than anything and I respect her opinions more than anyone else. I'm so pleased I have her and would do anything for her!

My boyfriend gets on with her too and I love my boyfriend's older Sister. She's 4 years older than us and really genuine and nice.

I know some siblings who don't get on and it seems sad to me, because no matter what, throughout everything, you'll have that bond which, with my Sister and I, is so strong!

ReputationRep:
    My sister took me to the middle of a pool when i couldn't swim- told me my mum hated me and that she was going to drown me. She also used to pretend to die and 'come back as a spirit' and make me do things for her before she would let my sister 'come back to life'. My three brothers told me i was adopted and my real name was Rachel Smith (original, i know).

If you know a couple by the name of John and Katie Smith, please let them know their daughter is looking for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)

I know some siblings who don't get on and it seems sad to me, because no matter what, throughout everything, you'll have that bond which, with my Sister and I, is so strong!
    I don't see how I can bond with mine if he doesn't make the effort to :/

ReputationRep:
    I have three younger brothers, we all get along though sometimes we don't.

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 older brothers...one is 10 years older to me and the other is 15 years older I'm quite close to both of them

ReputationRep:
    I have a little sister, shes almost 16 and hence is a proper teenager and winds me up no end. She has a much easier life than I ever did so I do get a bit jealous sometimes. We never used to be that close until my dad had his stroke, now we're really close

ReputationRep:
    I'm all alone But I do have a dog...does that count? She's like a cute but occasionally annoying younger sister.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have one little sister, and two older brothers and an older sister (the latter three are my dad's children, and are about 20 years older than me).

I get on with my little sister really well, I love her so much, but my big sister was disowned by my father, and one of my big brothers disowned him (dysfunctional much?!). I don't see my other big brother at all now I'm at university.

I'd do anything for Steph, she is one of the most amazing people in my world. She's a complete idiot though, but it's so endearing in her! I'm doing a dissertation on the language in narratives in annual reports, and asked my family to read what I had so far. The response? "What's a chairman?". She has also been known to answer that John Major is PM during the 'reign' of Gordon Brown, it took her 14 years to realise midnight was midnight 'cause it was the middle of the night... she's a total nutter.

One story, and I don't know why I remember this, was that there was a fire alarm at school (I was year 9, she year 7). We hadn't been told there was a drill coming up, so off we toddle to the far playground. I looked over to her line to make sure she was there (for all I knew, half the school was in flames), and she wasn't. I broke ranks at my side to go and have a look, and the teachers in charge were NOT happy, to say the least.

If Stephie had been in there, wild horses wouldn't have stopped me going and getting that child, let alone a handful of teachers. I may have been weedy, but a sister's love is unbreakable! :security:

I love having her as a little sister; I am so protective over her. She started dating her boyfriend while I was here at university, and by the time I finally met him, the guy was so scared of me he would hardly look at me! She just looks very fragile (she's tall and slim) and I feel like I have to protect her from the world because she's so daft and little. I hate being at uni because it means I am away from her. When we were younger we had our arguments and stuff, but kids do :dontknow:

That kinda waffled on towards the end, but I imagine you get the point. I just can't describe how much I love that child!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    I have one little sister, and two older brothers and an older sister (the latter three are my dad's children, and are about 20 years older than me).

I get on with my little sister really well, I love her so much, but my big sister was disowned by my father, and one of my big brothers disowned him (dysfunctional much?!). I don't see my other big brother at all now I'm at university.

I'd do anything for Steph, she is one of the most amazing people in my world. She's a complete idiot though, but it's so endearing in her! I'm doing a dissertation on the language in narratives in annual reports, and asked my family to read what I had so far. The response? "What's a chairman?". She has also been known to answer that John Major is PM during the 'reign' of Gordon Brown, it took her 14 years to realise midnight was midnight 'cause it was the middle of the night... she's a total nutter.

One story, and I don't know why I remember this, was that there was a fire alarm at school (I was year 9, she year 7). We hadn't been told there was a drill coming up, so off we toddle to the far playground. I looked over to her line to make sure she was there (for all I knew, half the school was in flames), and she wasn't. I broke ranks at my side to go and have a look, and the teachers in charge were NOT happy, to say the least.

If Stephie had been in there, wild horses wouldn't have stopped me going and getting that child, let alone a handful of teachers. I may have been weedy, but a sister's love is unbreakable!

I love having her as a little sister; I am so protective over her. She started dating her boyfriend while I was here at university, and by the time I finally met him, the guy was so scared of me he would hardly look at me! She just looks very fragile (she's tall and slim) and I feel like I have to protect her from the world because she's so daft and little. I hate being at uni because it means I am away from her. When we were younger we had our arguments and stuff, but kids do :shrugs:

That kinda waffled on towards the end, but I imagine you get the point. I just can't describe how much I love that child!
    Aww. That is lovely

ReputationRep:
    I have a twin bother who's lovely and we get on well now we're older.

ReputationRep:
    None. Zero. Zilch. :sad:
    I always wanted a sibling, and I know my parents would have liked to have another child, but it was not meant to be.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hayyleyy)
    You're profile pic is so cute!
    thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.