Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If someone likes you, would you just want them to tell you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sure, may be a little weird if we didn't know each other that well... but oh well

ReputationRep:
    when I was in high school there's always this girl who from day one would take the mickey. ie, start being aggressive towards me, I couldn't understand why though. We use to get into arguments because my mates and her mates would sit on the same table at lunch in the Hall and she'll always direct insults to me only(not using any offensive words but generally terrorising us).
    Some reason or another there was also a film club on at my school and she'll sit near me even when there was alot of empty seats elsewhere.
    She never told me she liked me but we sort-of rubbed shoulder's on the last day of school.

What is this passive-aggressive love?
    Still confused to this day to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    when I was in high school there's always this girl who from day one would take the mickey. ie, start being aggressive towards me, I couldn't understand why though. We use to get into arguments because my mates and her mates would sit on the same table at lunch in the Hall and she'll always direct insults to me only(not using any offensive words but generally terrorising us).
    Some reason or another there was also a film club on at my school and she'll sit near me even when there was alot of empty seats elsewhere.
    She never told me she liked me but we sort-of rubbed shoulder's on the last day of school.

What is this passive-aggressive love?
    Still confused to this day to be honest.
    why didn't you just ask why she was acting like that with you?

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer it if they did tell me (if i know them well), but I wouldn't really care if it was a random person and they didn't tell me, as long as they didn't start invading my personal space or secretly stalking me or anything weird like that, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know... I feel really mean turning people down. But equally, if I like someone and it's mutual but we both keep it to ourselves, that's no good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    why didn't you just ask why she was acting like that with you?
    Thought she was abit of a *****, so tried to avoid her most of the times. She can be sweet when she's not around her mates but most of the time she gave me hell.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Thought she was abit of a *****, so tried to avoid her most of the times. She can be sweet when she's not around her mates but most of the time she gave me hell.:confused:
    she was probably 'teasing' you, but you never got the message.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have the patience for that. I would have told her to **** off :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    she was probably 'teasing' you, but you never got the message.
    Oh nooo, she would physically hurt me in gym. Enough about me anyways it's been a long time.

I guess what I've learnt is they can sometimes be a Nuisance to get your attention

ReputationRep:
    Not really bothered... Now there would be no chance of anything happening anyway (but even before I was in a committed relationship I would still have thought the same) but I don't like it when things get awkward and weird, especially if it's a real friend. But honesty is good though even if it makes things weird it can make the other person feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely yes. I do not like being in limbo so I would want to know either way .

ReputationRep:
    YES! I hate gameplayers, and I think it's better to go for it and regret it because you're rejected than to leave it and regret not knowing what could've happened.

Though I am taken. I think I'd still want to know though, just out of curiosity, but I'd let them down gently.

ReputationRep:
    um...yeah but it would be awkward if you don't like them too...

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd prefer them to tell me. It saves awkward times.

(Original post by stewart91)
    If i was a boy then yes
    if i was a girl then no
    ... what are you? :p: And why?

ReputationRep:
    Half the fun is the chase. The other half is blow jobs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stewart91)
    If i was a boy then yes
    if i was a girl then no
    what are you then!?

ReputationRep:
    i would want them to, but i havnt got the balls to tell anyone i like them due to my level of unnatractiveness i assume i will just get shot down and it could be awkward...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    Not really bothered... Now there would be no chance of anything happening anyway (but even before I was in a committed relationship I would still have thought the same) but I don't like it when things get awkward and weird, especially if it's a real friend. But honesty is good though even if it makes things weird it can make the other person feel better.
    but lets say you guys are like real good friends. You like him and so you tell him. What if the friendship between you guys become weird if he doesn't like you back and becomes less closer than before? That's what i am sort of facing I just dont want to ruin the friendship between us.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I really would want that ideally but honestly, I don't think I would have the guts to say anything to someone I liked myself.....

ReputationRep:
    One guy I see everyday in the library one to come then he takes off his socks and sits near them, thereafter he lets them play with his foot

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.