Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If someone likes you, would you just want them to tell you? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    I've told people before, but generally only when its got to a point where I'm confused about the signals they are giving or if I want something to happen. I'm quite odd, I like to like people, but I don't always want anything to happen
    This. I don't know whether to call it psychological foreplay or torture, but it's rather cunning and I enjoy the game like a Greek tragedy until things get quite complex, then Im point blanc
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by emerset)
    This. I don't know whether to call it psychological foreplay or torture, but it's rather cunning and I enjoy the game like a Greek tragedy until things get quite complex, then Im point blanc
    I don't really know what you're on about! But I do know its not really a good thing to do! I question my own feelings far far to much.. I never just go with it!

ReputationRep:
    No, not if I liked them too. It's about all about the chase.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'd want to know, even though I'm taken. I think once you let people down gently it's easier for them to move on. And if they were my friend, I would prefer to know, so I didn't end up accidentally hurting them.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't be like me and only tell someone you like them when you're both very, very drunk:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. It would depend how I felt about them.

If I liked them, then yes, just to get it over and done with.

If I had no feelings for them, seriously the worst thing is letting someone down/being told feelings aren't reciprocated. I'd rather either hear from someone else, have it hinted to me or work it out myself so there wouldn't be the 'so this is awkward... let's just be friends' moment. At least if you don't admit it you can just pretend nothing happened

ReputationRep:
    Unless I liked them too, no. I'm a really awkward person, so I'd find it weird, plus I'd end up pitying them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    I've told people before, but generally only when its got to a point where I'm confused about the signals they are giving or if I want something to happen. I'm quite odd, I like to like people, but I don't always want anything to happen
    this type of thing makes me wish i was gay.

ReputationRep:
    I would like them to, but not expect it

ReputationRep:
    No, most of the time people need to realise that they like someone and sorta be persuaded into it. So if they told me straight out, I would probably say no to them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.