Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did people hear back? Email, letter, phone? I had my assessment centre on 24th feb and still no reply! The wait is killing me

ReputationRep:
    hey, i think quite a few people have heard via email...there's still quite a few of us who haven't heard yet though!

ReputationRep:
    Yea I haven't heard back either :s

ReputationRep:
    anybody heard anything this morning yet? i managed to speak to her on the phone this morning and she said the same to me, she thought all the responses had been sent out! said she would ring back hasn't yet. not being funny but i think this stinks x

ReputationRep:
    Literally had a phone call just as i read this - Unfortunately i've not got it apparently i got 57 points but i needed 61! she's going to email me with some feedback! good luck with yours x

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. Have you had your feedback yet? Iv still not heard anything, sent my second email yesterday but still no reply!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Nicky, sorry to hear that. You're right though, the whole process has been dire to be honest. Really poor communication and leaving it 6 weeks to let people know yes/no is not fair! I didn't get it either but apprently someone has recommended I do the Trainee Manager programme? Not sure what that entails but I'm sure I'll soon find out. Hhhmm! Not impressed with the whole process really, would expect more from a big company like Tesco.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, im sorry you weren't successful either, to be honest though i think it's been a bit of a blessing in disguise, you should see the reasons they gave me for not getting it, they're a joke, and i'm disgusted at the way they were ignoring so many of our emails, i've got another interview on Tuesday for something so just hope this works out instead! good luck with whatever u decide to do next!! xxx

ReputationRep:
    What was your feedback like? I still have not heard

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what I was thinking, I haven't had any feedback yet though. Think I'll email her and ask for mine, may as well see where I went wrong! Is it not great feedback then? Would I be best off not requesting it? Lol. Yeah I've got another assessment centre on Monday for another grad scheme so fingers crossed! Good luck to you too hopefully we'll find something soon xx

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 bullet points in areas I needed to improve on, 1 didn't make any sense, 1 was ok, and the other 1...well every one I tell is laughing about it because it's something that couldn't be any further from the truth about me! but never mind! their loss eh! but I guess the positive skills are good to add on to a personal statement or something! good luck for monday! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Okey most ppl seem to have heard then? Has ne one not heard?

ReputationRep:
    I heard. I didn't get it but got signed onto the normal options scheme as a result

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I went to the assessment day in Glasgow on Feb 8th. Got my email last week confirming I had a place on the scheme. Anybody else from the Glasgow assessment make it through.

ReputationRep:
    I still havent heard a thing! Ne one else from the Belfast assessment day?

ReputationRep:
    I suggest u phone them or they'll never get back to u! the whole system is a night mare

ReputationRep:
    Yeh im doin the same as u, didnt get grad scheme but got signed on normal options aswell. So with bad news came abit of good news i guess

ReputationRep:
    yeah at least we dont have to go through another assessment centre for normal options! wer in NI are u from? Am from derry/londonderry, had to go over to herfordshire to my assessment centre tho didnt know there was a belfast one lol. what was your feedback sheet like? Some of mine was quite contradictory

ReputationRep:
    im from belfast. yeh there were 2 in belfast. sorta luckyish i didnt hv to go to far. Ano thank god not another assessment. ive a meeting with group pm on thurs so shes giving me myfeedback and telling me were i can go next realli. It seems soo competititive, well done to all who passed it. r u finished uni and all?

ReputationRep:
    Very good, are you a superstore or express employee? Did you hear of many people being successful in Northern Ireland, ive only heard of 1 so far. Yeah it is very competitive unforunately Suppose this year theres so much more applicants with the business climate etc. I had a meeting with my store manager and going to an onboarding day or something soon and then starting development days so hopefully will get through it ok

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.