Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Okay, today my boy friend and i were talking about going to uni next year, he's got 3 offers and i've got none. And today this close friend of my dad who works for one of the unis i applied to said with my grades i should get an offer anytime.
    My boyfriend was apparently "joking" when he said my dad was trying to bribe the uni to give me admission. And for a matter of fact, I know how serious he was!
    My problem goes like this-
    1. I'm rlly friendly to his dad, and yes I do like his parents very much cuz they're rlly nice peeps.
    2. I love my dad and I hate it when someone says anything wrong about him. Besides my bf DOES NOT know my dad in a personal level for him to comment on my dad.

So when my bf said that thing about "bribing" i got rlly mad and said the actual person who must've bribed was prolly my bf's dad cuz he's got more offers when i've got zero, besides to a level, his dad DID actually pester the a certain uni to give him an offer. When i said all this I was rlly mad and stunned on how my bf was being such a jerk. The problem my bf has goes like this- WHY DID I EXTERNALLY "FAKE" ALL THESE DAYS THAT I LIKED HIS DAD, AND HAVE SUCH NEGATIVE FEELINGS INSIDE ME.

I was like WTF! cuz sadly, I do like his peeps, and i didn't have an issue(still don't) with his parents. If he could say such **** about my dad, can't i freakkin do the same?

My bf and i have been together for a li'll more than a year and i'm srsly wondering if this guy even understands me...

And yeah, i hung up and he didn't bother calling me back :woo: so much to rejoice!

Advice please!

ReputationRep:
    boyfriends an ass....sounds normal to me...lol

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, you saying stuff about his parents just because he said something about yours is a little pathetic in my opinion, you should have just told him what a stupid thing that was to say and explain that it upset you and then you'd be fine and not moaning about your boyfriend on TSR

ReputationRep:
    who cares, you're gunna end up in the kitchen anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Just shut the hell up and do what you want.

You're clogging up the intarwebz.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't understand any of it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd dump you if I were him tbh.

ReputationRep:
    No-one can really be bothered with a problem like this, especially when it takes a while to work out what the real problem was.

MAYBE IF YOU WRITE EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS PEOPLE WILL UNDERSTAND MORE OF WHAT YOU SAY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lauren)
    To be fair, you saying stuff about his parents just because he said something about yours is a little pathetic in my opinion, you should have just told him what a stupid thing that was to say and explain that it upset you and then you'd be fine and not moaning about your boyfriend on TSR
    Seconded. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind :p: should have just told him it upset you. Now you've both just acted like jerks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pow!)
    who cares, you're gunna end up in the kitchen anyway.
    I knew someone was going to make the women in the kitchen joke!...so predictable, i'm suprised you didn't mention sandwiches though like most tsr users do!!......OP, it was immature of you to say something bad about his parents just because he said something about yours......

ReputationRep:
    Do you always react like this when your boyfriend made a little joke? Wo-man up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I Refuse To Read That ********.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm maybe you two should talk, sounds as if he doesn't have a clue :P

ReputationRep:
    You probably got no offers because you can't spell.

ReputationRep:
    What grades did you get?

If you want my opinion I think you've over-complicated things, his a guy and joking is what alot of people's do. Or unless you want a piece of plank to become your bf. No joke, no love, no idea's and opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, it sounds like he was just joking and you just went a bit mental at him, and then hung up on him. I wouldn't ring someone back if they did that to me, it's quite attention-seeking and he's just not pandering to your tantrums. Oh noes how terrible?
    He probably doesn't understand that you're a bit upset/worried that you have no offers yet, and he's not a mind-reader. Try talking to him.
    He's not cheated on you, or massively insulted you or your family. He's not flirted with your best friend, or taken drugs behind your back after promising not to, he's not committed a crime or dropped out of school and is now on Girls Gone Wild. Overall, I'd say he's not being an ass. Just talk to him.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should grow up and learn to take a joke

ReputationRep:
    Two rights don't make a wrong yeah, it was a stupid thing for him to have said, but you've gone and made yourself look just as bad with what you've said. I think you both have some apologising to do...:P

ReputationRep:
    seriously. bf is being selfish here. he should realise that if he disses your dad, he cant expect you to say, yeah i wish my dad was like YOUR dad. you have every right to be mad and you react how you react. basically, he should apologize and then you can apologize. dont fold on him and call him because he was the one being mean.

ReputationRep:
    like omg

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.