Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is there a certain bmi when a six pack will start showing my bmi is currently 22.1?? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    No - BMI gives no indication of the ratio of fat to muscle. If your BMI is only 22.1 you're going to want to have some MUSCLE... thats what the six pack IS.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear...
    You're going to get mullered in this thread. It's painful even to think about it.

p.s. BMI is not a proper reflection, your body fat percentage is a better indicator.

ReputationRep:
    BMI is to do with weight and height, and is supposedly a measure of body fat; since muscle weighs more than fat some very fit people with well-defined muscles come up as having an unhealthily high BMI. A six pack's not about how much you weigh, it's about how big your muscles are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    No - BMI gives no indication of the ratio of fat to muscle. If your BMI is only 22.1 you're going to want to have some MUSCLE... thats what the six pack IS.
    cheers for the info! do i need to just keep loosing weight to get the six pack or incorporate bicycle crucnhes etc into my routine now? not sure where to go now, new to this :p:

ReputationRep:
    All you need to do is lose fat. Everyone has a six pack, it just so happens that the vast majority of people's are hidden behind layers of fat. If you lose enough fat you'll start seeing the muscles - doing crunches alone won't give you a six pack unless you lose all the fat too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsHamster)
    BMI is to do with weight and height, and is supposedly a measure of body fat; since muscle weighs more than fat some very fit people with well-defined muscles come up as having an unhealthily high BMI. A six pack's not about how much you weigh, it's about how big your muscles are.
    ahhh i see thanks for the explanation good way of putting (Y) i understand now

ReputationRep:
    you dont have to loose ''all'' the fat, but you need to make sure that you have sufficient muscle mass on you. Thats why really skinny peole tend to have pot bellys, usually because they have so little muscle mass on them that they have ''no abs'' to put it in a crude way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TI-84)
    Oh dear...
    You're going to get mullered in this thread. It's painful even to think about it.

p.s. BMI is not a proper reflection, your body fat percentage is a better indicator.
    LMAO!!! iam fully prepared for a mullering now :L

ReputationRep:
    For sexy back?
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Lol...............

ReputationRep:
    six pack: abdominal exercises + lowering body fat percentage

both done simultaneously will get the fastest results.

Like the previous posts, BMI is more about "healthy" or "appropriate" body weight for a certain age/height. Muscle definition is from muscle size and how much fat is covering the muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam:))
    ahhh i see thanks for the explanation good way of putting (Y) i understand now
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    justin timberlake i hear is bringing sexy back..

ReputationRep:
    Haha I was thinking you were asking how low body fat would you have to have to show defined back muscles lol...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.